Search

Lounge Acsess @ ZRH?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2005, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD Blue
Lounge Acsess @ ZRH?

Hi all,
i've booked my self to fly MAN-ZRH-HKG-ZRH-MAN in Sept, and i was wondering, as i have a 5hr stopover bothways in ZRH, is there a swiss lounge i can go to, and pay to go in there?
I've been to ZRH before, but i cant recall a lounge there.
I'm a member of the frequent flyer club too, but not the high levels
Old Apr 21, 2005, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
The only pay-for-access lounge in Zurich is the Bellevue lounge at the E gates, where your flight to HKG will leave from. I think the fee is CHF30.

But with a 5hr layover, why not enjoy the lovely city of Zurich instead of hanging around at the airport?
Old Apr 21, 2005, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for that airoli.
Would i be allowed to leave the terminal, as i am officially in transit??
And i would get into ZRH @ 1645, sure thats too late to see Zurich, maybe on the way back i'll pop in
Old Apr 21, 2005, 11:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by elgant
Thanks for that airoli.
Would i be allowed to leave the terminal, as i am officially in transit??
And i would get into ZRH @ 1645, sure thats too late to see Zurich, maybe on the way back i'll pop in
the airlines don't bother if you go through passport controle or not during layover/transit time.

and you need only 0-2 minutes to go through immigration, another 3 walking minutes to the trainstation in the airport, 12 minutes by train to the middle of downtown Zurich (Hauptbahnhof) and these trains rund every 10 to 15 minutes (both ways).
Old Apr 22, 2005, 12:21 am

Programs: some
i would get into ZRH @ 1645, sure thats too late to see Zurich
It's maybe to late for the big sightseeing trip, but I would rather recommend to have a beer in the old town then spending 30CHF for hanging out in a lounge for 5 hours.
If your flight is on time you can easily be in the Old Town by 1730 an then take a train back to the airport at 2100 (assuming you flight leaves at 2215).
Old Apr 22, 2005, 2:00 am

Go and see town!

As people have suggested above. I often go for a quick dip in the lake ( http://www.badi-info.ch/Utoquai.html ) between flights. September is often still warm enough and best visiblity (mountains!) time of year. (I even time my long-haul flights to have some time in Zürich, as opposed to just ZRH). Plenty of nice cafés and eateries before / after / instead of. Long-haul travel is tiring enough - a breath of fresh air does wonders! See what the weather is like, but try and take a look!
Rgds
Marvin
Old Apr 22, 2005, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Excellent suggestions from all of you there!
As you say, a strole around the city or the lake will be nice before another 10hrs in an aircraft
Old Apr 23, 2005, 2:41 am
Suspended

Programs: All Programs
Lightbulb Lounge in Sector B

stopover bothways in ZRH, is there a swiss lounge i can go to, and pay to go in there?
I've been to ZRH before, but i cant recall a lounge there.
I'm a member of the frequent flyer club too, but not the high levels
There is a very nice lounge in the sector B. I guess it is operated by Jet Aviation. It's really nice, and in my opinion it is possible to get access for 20 CHF (or maybe they honour your frequent flyer card).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.