Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Spend Calculator?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2005, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD diamond club, LH Miles & More, CX Asia Miles
Swiss Spend Calculator?

I use the spend calculator on STC website to find a free return from Heathrow with my mileage (just over 15k).

To my surprise, it shows that I can go almost anywhere in Europe with only 15,000, while the table says at least 20,000 is needed for a free return. Is there a promotion at the moment for European routes, or is it just a plain mistake?
Old Apr 5, 2005, 5:24 am

Most likely you have just entered from LHR to ZRH (or whatever destination). The system has calculated the mileage for a one-way ticket, which is 20'000 x 75% = 15'000.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD diamond club, LH Miles & More, CX Asia Miles
You're exactly right. Thanks for pointing out. However, if I want to check flights to, say, Frankfurt, return, do I have to enter as 4 segments (via Zurich) to make it accurate?
Old Apr 5, 2005, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes, you have to enter each segment separatey, at least I do. It seems to work when you enter open jaws as well, as for various complex itineraries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.