Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free elite upgrades for TravelClub Gold members

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2005, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Smile Free elite upgrades for TravelClub Gold members

Mr Guy Fitzner-Burns, the Swiss TravelClub Gold Product Manager issued the following message on March 1:
We wish to express our appreciation to our most loyal customers. As of May 2005, Swiss TravelClub Gold members can treat themselves to a free Elite Upgrade to the next highest cabin on flights across the entire Swiss network. For every 50,000 Club Miles collected since January 1 of this year and during their period of membership in Swiss TravelClub Gold they will automatically receive a personal one-way Elite Upgrade for up to two consecutive segments. Details regarding terms and conditions for Elite Upgrade will soon be published on the Swiss TravelClub website.

So the May mileage run will bring Swiss award miles and finally upgrades to First!
Old Mar 1, 2005, 10:46 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
I got the same E-Mail Newsletter today. I think after many poor promotions and awards in the last months this is very interesting for good customers.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by mbr
I got the same E-Mail Newsletter today. I think after many poor promotions and awards in the last months this is very interesting for good customers.
I think 50k Club Miles is quite a lot compared to the TCGM qualification criteria. Upgrades are nice, but I can also buy those with regular miles. Bad value IMHO. Does not say anything about the period of time required to earn them, though.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 1:28 am

Programs: LX, AZ, BA, LH, SA
Originally Posted by kurz
So the May mileage run will bring Swiss award miles and finally upgrades to First!
Not too sure about that, since it is stated that you need 50k club miles, and each segment only gives you 1k
Old Mar 2, 2005, 1:47 am

Lx=lh?

Originally Posted by atlantic
50k Club Miles is quite a lot
...but strangely enough also exactly in line with Lufthansas Senator e-voucher system. Two vouchers per 50,000 miles - 1 for a European Upgrade, 2 for an intercontinental one. Maybe a sign of things to come!
Old Mar 2, 2005, 2:14 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
It is my understanding that you earn one upgrade every 50k without any specific timeframe (as long as you remain TCGM). That would mean you could earn one upgrade JAN-OCT and the next OCT-APR or so...

I do hope that these certificates can be used on all fares, i.e. also on the cheaper longhaul economy fares.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 2:58 am

got same thing from rosmarie in the circle newsletter.
i deem this a very nice gift. i was often complaining that with lh you get upgrade vouchers where with swiss - nothing.
as i understand it you get one upgrade per 50k clubmiles, valid for up to 2 segments (one-way, so for example zrh->bkk->sin but not zrh->nyc->zrh.
"details to be published soon" - maybe they want to first see what we discuss and how we read this :-)

anyways, i think this is a huge step in the right direction. for me, miles are mainly to get to upgrades and flights which are unaffordable for non-understandable reasons, which i otherwise would need to fly with other airlines (for example, zrh->london same day return 1k chf !).

if airlines would treat top tier customers well (complimentary upgrades where possible, reasonable pricing) I would be happy to donate my miles and stop running for them.

majumo
Old Mar 2, 2005, 5:44 am

Free upgrades for top tier customers

The top tier customer sometimes get free upgrade at the Gate.

I myself got some upgrades more then onces (as a TC Gold) at the Gate.

Most of the time Circle members get "pushed" to the next level for free... Y to C or C to F

What do you people think about those free upgrades ??

Perhaps Majumo as a Circle member you could share your experience on the matter ??

kooks.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 6:52 am

I got the email as well. what a nice step and gift. it seems like they finally try to take good care of their frequent flyers.
Also interesting to hear that LH has the exact same system.. I read in the last business traveler magazine an articel about LH's new F class terminal at FRA, and the paper mentionned that LH just created a new top-tier level named SEN Circle...
Only coincidences ??
Oh and just one very stupid question about the elite upgrade : we will only get the first one after flying 50k, right ? In french the email could sound a bit like we already get the first one automatically in may, but i must really be dreaming..
Old Mar 2, 2005, 9:28 am

Programs: LH Senator, SAS EB, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by swiss traveler
I got the email as well. what a nice step and gift. it seems like they finally try to take good care of their frequent flyers.
Also interesting to hear that LH has the exact same system.. I read in the last business traveler magazine an articel about LH's new F class terminal at FRA, and the paper mentionned that LH just created a new top-tier level named SEN Circle...
Only coincidences ??
Oh and just one very stupid question about the elite upgrade : we will only get the first one after flying 50k, right ? In french the email could sound a bit like we already get the first one automatically in may, but i must really be dreaming..
I got the e-mail too and - heard that LH has changed the e-voucher concept and does not require the 50k M any longer. Heard that now 2 vouchers every year. Can anyone confirm?
Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by draker
I got the e-mail too and - heard that LH has changed the e-voucher concept and does not require the 50k M any longer. Heard that now 2 vouchers every year. Can anyone confirm?
It's two vouchers when you requalify for SEN, which is basically every two years....not such a great deal unfortunately.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by kooks
The top tier customer sometimes get free upgrade at the Gate.

I myself got some upgrades more then onces (as a TC Gold) at the Gate.

kooks.
that is true, but mostly only on long distance flights (for me the biggest reason to fly through ZRH, but still always a gamble ) I rarely get upgraded on European flights.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 2:45 am
Suspended

I didn't get the e-mail

Originally Posted by kurz
...issued the following message on March 1:
I didn't get this message. Are there other members who did not receive the e-mail?
Old Mar 4, 2005, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Here's the text from the TCGM website:
For as long as you remain a Swiss TravelClub Gold member, you’ll receive a personal Elite Upgrade – from Swiss Business to Swiss First or from Swiss Economy to Swiss Business – on a flight with a SWISS flight number operated by a SWISS aircraft for every 50 000 Club Miles you earn (from May 2005).
Old Mar 4, 2005, 6:05 pm

Programs: TCGM
I got the newsletter too...

I got it via email newsletter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.