Search

SWISS adds attractive new destinations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2004, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More FTL, Flying Blue Silver, SPG, HHonors, LHW LeadersClub
Smile SWISS adds attractive new destinations

SWISS adds attractive new destinations

Alicante and Salzburg are the latest cities to join the SWISS route network. In addition, SWISS will soon operate flights between Geneva and London-City again. An additional midday flight will connect Venice more effectively to the full route network. And as of the next winter timetable period SWISS passengers will have five daily flights to Prague to choose from.

SWISS is expanding its product in Spain with flights to the popular holiday region of Costa Blanca. As of September 4 SWISS will operate flights on Saturday and Sunday between Zurich and Alicante with an Avro RJ100.

As of September 20 SWISS and Styrian Spirit will add a third attractive destination in Austria. Flights between Salzburg and Zurich will operate three times daily during the week and once daily on weekends. These codeshare flights will be performed by Styrian Spirit, which already serves Graz and Krakow in partnership with SWISS.

Re-opening of Geneva-London-City route

As of October 31, SWISS will reintroduce flights between Geneva and London City Airport, with four weekday and two weekend flights with Avro RJ85/RJ100 aircraft. London City Airport is conveniently located for quick access to all parts of London.

More frequencies to Venice and Prague

SWISS partner Denim Air will increase service between Zurich and Venice as of August 30 with a midday flight that brings service on this route to thrice daily. Partners SWISS and Denim Air have been serving Venice and Florence from Zurich since June 1.

From the end of October SWISS and Czech Airlines will expand their joint product between Zurich and Prague from three to five attractively scheduled flights daily. SWISS will operate three of these flights itself with Avro RJ100 equipment.

All of these new flights have already been placed in reservations systems and can now be booked through the usual channels.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 2:41 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Not so long ago, I flew LX to Salzburg. Then they cut that route. Turns out they just did it so they can now make a fuss about "adding attractive new destinations" when re-introducing it...
Old Aug 4, 2004, 9:11 am

<<As of October 31, SWISS will reintroduce flights between Geneva and London City Airport, <<

Well whooopppee. All the attractive destinations are from Zurich. From GVA the LX schedule is rather dull. It's a shame LX discontinued service from Zurich to Klagenfurt. I doubt that this flight will ever be reintroduced. I took that flight a few times when SR operated that route.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by airoli
Not so long ago, I flew LX to Salzburg. Then they cut that route. Turns out they just did it so they can now make a fuss about "adding attractive new destinations" when re-introducing it...
Yes I was surprised they consider this "new" too. It's like a yoyo. They introduce; they cancel; they go back in then out and back etc. But for you I think Zurich to Salzbourg is not too long by train; 4 hours I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.