Wiki Posts
Search

AA award travel on LX

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2004, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen
AA award travel on LX

I am traveling EWR-ZRH-BCN-PMI on LX & IB in C with an AA award next Wed and would like to get on the direct LX flight to PMI. I've been trying to get on
LX2150 (ZRH-PMI), but they no longer have any AA award seats available. ITN showed 9 open in J & Y.

Can anyone tell me when or whether LX opens up their inventory to AA award travel?
Furthermore, if that does not work out, what would your recommendation be once in ZRH, should I go to AA or LX to plead my case?

Regardless of how it works out, Im very much looking forward to my first C travel on LX this week I hear it's fine product.
Thanks for you help.
BT

PS: What are my chances of getting an A340 on the trans atlantic routes...no, I didn't think so .
Old May 1, 2004, 10:39 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
The A340 doesn't operate on the EWR-ZRH route. Don't know about award inventory, but if you want to try in ZRH then you'll definitely have to see AA about it since they issued the ticket (and pay LX for it).
Old May 1, 2004, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen
Danke!

I still hope it all sorts out beforehand- I'll sleep better on my way to ZRH .
Thanks for your help airOli!
BT
Old May 11, 2004, 9:27 am

>>[QUOTE=Big Top]I am traveling EWR-ZRH-BCN-PMI on LX & IB in C with an AA award next Wed and would like to get on the direct LX flight to PMI. I've been trying to get on LX2150 (ZRH-PMI), but they no longer have any AA award seats available. ITN showed 9 open in J & Y.<<

AA are really bad I think about changing "award" reservations. Last year they were charging $100 I think. I am not sure whether they still do or got rid of it.

Ask them about it. As Airoli stated LX will send you to AA to make changes. Difficult to do after you have departed.

Someone just posted A340 is operating at times effective June from JFK to Zurich. Chances from EWR are nil.

It's a shame you were not flying 20 years ago. Swissair used to operate flights to Palma from "both" Zurich and Geneva. I flew from GVA on a Coronado. The service was dropped a while ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.