Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Competition 41*41

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2003, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Competition 41*41

There is quite a good competition going on at Swiss at the moment. (I don't think this has been posted yet). Lots of prizes! If my arithmetic is correct there are 1681 flights to be won over the coming weeks (41 per day for 41 days, quite generous really(I've just won one - hooray!)
The "outside Switzerland" answer is 41. Maybe one of the Switzerland based members can help out on the "Swiss" answer (lowest price to a European city).

http://www.swiss.com/web/IE55/contest

Rgds
Marvin
Old Sep 9, 2003, 2:41 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Marvin:
Maybe one of the Switzerland based members can help out on the "Swiss" answer (lowest price to a European city).

http://www.swiss.com/web/IE55/contest

Rgds
Marvin
</font>
Q:Which is the cheapest fare for a LX-flight departing from Zurich?

A:49.00 CHF

Old Sep 9, 2003, 4:21 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Thanks for this link, I hope I'm lucky! How many times can I take part?

------------------
truly yours. airOli.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 4:29 am

Programs: TG ROP *G, KLM FB Gold, LH Silver
Just attempted to enter this and the web site crashed.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MarkC:
Just attempted to enter this and the web site crashed.</font>

Not your day is it MarkC ?! I entered it without a problem. Winning is another matter!

Presumably one can enter daily?
Old Sep 12, 2003, 2:21 am

Programs: LH Senator, Million Miler but now only Silver DL, No status AA
I won one! Thanks, Marvin! :-)
Old Sep 12, 2003, 2:53 am

Now can you enter every day or does one entry suffice for all daily drawings? Moreover, can you continue entering even after winning? The rules and regulations aren't that specific!
Old Sep 12, 2003, 3:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
Yeah !!!!!
this play sounds like the orchestra on the Titanic !!
Old Sep 12, 2003, 4:29 am

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
Yes! Just won..
But there's a downside.. Bookings are in E-class which is pretty low level and mostly not availabel out of OSL before they terminate services Oct. 26th.. :-(
Old Sep 12, 2003, 5:54 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kzoom:
Now can you enter every day or does one entry suffice for all daily drawings? Moreover, can you continue entering even after winning? The rules and regulations aren't that specific!</font>
Same questions here. I figured as long as they don't ban me I'll enter once a day...

------------------
truly yours. airOli.
Old Sep 14, 2003, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Any luck on finding out if we can enter the competition each day?
Old Sep 15, 2003, 9:41 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by The Viking:
Yes! Just won..
But there's a downside.. Bookings are in E-class which is pretty low level and mostly not availabel out of OSL before they terminate services Oct. 26th.. :-(
</font>
Is that the same as a miles reward class? Or is the availability better ?

Peter_A

Old Sep 16, 2003, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Well, I've just won one, and that's been with entering the competition each day. Can one win more than once, or is once the limit?

Do these permit for mileage accrual? Once I won a Swissair flight, for which miles were awarded. Am I right in thinking that we have 15 days from winning the competiton to book the ticket?
Old Sep 16, 2003, 11:16 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Concerto:
...Am I right in thinking that we have 15 days from winning the competiton to book the ticket?</font>
Yes, you have only 15 days to contact LX and claim your award, which then is valid for the next 6 months from the day of the draw which have own. If you do not claim within 15 days, you'll loose the prize! As availability for redemption is limited per flight, its best to book now, even if months in advance for the actual travel date. I've won today and booked for end October, with no problems! Cheers, Rogerio
Old Sep 16, 2003, 11:50 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Yeah! My brother has just won one. And now he is extremly happy that I have registered him for this competition.

Thanks flyertalk (and of course Marvin for posting the link)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.