Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Competition 41*41

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2003, 9:17 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Frank3172:
To TEAHAN,

Anybody out there want to share their experiences trying to book thedates they want on these freebies
</font>
No problem at all. But then I check if what I "want" is actually available (in E (=free econonmy) booking class, as someone already pointed out) on the "famous" gallileo site, before I ring up Swiss. One point of entry to the Gallileo codes: www.seatmap.com
E is the lowest of the low as far as booking classes go, Friday afternoons and Sunday evenings are thus generally difficult, transfers times sometimes not the best optimised - but who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth!
Rgds
Marvin
Old Sep 20, 2003, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
No problem with booking so far, but then, I´m only booking a MUC-GVA RT in early December. Par contre, the connection from Erfurt (ERF) to MUC with OLT Ostfriesiches Lufttransport is impossible to get at a reasonable price. Cheapest seats all sold until January. How can that be? At least LX availability is not so impossible.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 5:59 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Things must be bad at LX - I found plenty of E seats to MUC during the Oktoberfest.

Direct flights LHR-MUC are selling at about CHF 500 return.

Regards,
Alex
Old Sep 22, 2003, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
If I had to guess, 41 would be a likely answer to a question in a 41*41 competition - and that answer has already produced results!

It seems to me though that that answer is almost certainly wrong. It must depend on Swiss's geography. For example, I place Moscow firmly in Europe, as well as other Eastern European cities. Also, Istanbul airport is on the European side, so far as I remember. But perhaps these are not included in Europe for the purposes of the competition.

Or have they included destinations in their dropdown boxes which they no longer serve? Surely not!
Old Sep 23, 2003, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Hmmm ...

From today's Financial Times, London (from a story about LX joining OW):

'... European destinations are coming down from 56 to 41 with routes eliminated from Zurich including Cologne/Bonn, Oslo, Venice and seven in east Europe ...'

So is the (correct) answer 56 or 41? It doesn't matter as we know that 41 is the winning answer .
Old Sep 23, 2003, 3:46 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
I've a question for those, who have already booked their ticket they had won. How many days does it usually take to issue this e-ticket (because normally this happens within one day)??? I phoned them to confirm and book the flight on Saturday...

Old Sep 24, 2003, 11:49 pm

I've got e-mail confirmation of my electronic ticket 28 hours after booking.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 4:10 pm

Are we sure about the "non transferable" ticket ? i don't see any mention of this in the rule, plus the message says " You have won...for ONE PERSON"; It doesn't say who.
I'm asking this, because I have won 2 tickets and would like to donate one. ... ?
Old Sep 30, 2003, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Absolutely sure. Well, I asked several times and they said it is strictly nominative. But keep asking. You never, the dance steps in life often change.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 6:06 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by france usa:
Are we sure about the "non transferable" ticket ? i don't see any mention of this in the rule.</font>
Extract from the "Contest Rules and Regulations: Prizes cannot be exchanged, sold or transferred to any other person. Any such action will be considered as unauthorized by Swiss International Air Lines Ltd. and may result in legal action for damages."

They will ask you on the phone on what day you have won. Then they will look it up in their database.

Old Oct 1, 2003, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The competition seems to have stopped. I thought it went on for longer, to mid-October.

By the way, you are not liable for the full taxes. Instead of CHF82 for Nuremberg I pay CHF59, instead of CHF94 for Frankfurt CHF39, etc. The Swiss taxes seem to be exempt. But not everyone seems to know this. They are terribly high, the normal taxes. Who gets all this money?
Old Oct 1, 2003, 4:23 am

Anyone knows why it stopped ? I can still send my name though , as I did yesterday and the days before . Maybe they realise they had less than 41 contestants a day ha ha
Old Oct 1, 2003, 4:24 am

Sorry, I forgot to thank Marvin for the 3 trips I won ... THANKS SO MUCH !!
Old Oct 1, 2003, 2:12 pm

I WON!!!

I won on september 28th and they sent an email yesterday, but I only just checked it.

Thanks Marvin

modified to make smilies extra happy

[This message has been edited by galaba (edited 10-01-2003).]
Old Oct 1, 2003, 8:12 pm

I entered every day and didn't win one.

Have 41 days passed already since it started? It's definitely gone now ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.