Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH-ORD best seat in F?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2003, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Location: Austin TX, AA Platinum for life (who will live longer, me or AAdvantage?)
ZRH-ORD best seat in F?

I was assigned 3DG for myself and travel companion. Would you pick another for best choices/service/comfort?

thank you!
Old Oct 31, 2003, 12:17 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Any seat in F is a good seat in LX, IMHO. I guess it boils down to whether you like window or aisle.
Old Oct 31, 2003, 4:02 pm

Programs: LX/M&M, UA, AA, AF/KL, SPG Gold
I agree with aw that there are no bad seats in F on LX.

Since the seat configuration is 1-2-1 I'd go for a window seat if traveling alone. Considering you're with a companion I'd keep the two center seats, so you don't have the aisle between you.

andy
Old Oct 31, 2003, 8:55 pm

Location: "Did you ever see Dallas from an MD-80 at night?" just doesn't have the same ring to it...
Actually, having the two center seats can be a real pain if you're traveling together. There's quite a bit of separation between the two seats, and since the seats don't swivel (like, for example, AA's), carrying on a conversation can be difficult.

Taking window/aisle isn't all that bad--the seats have a sliding ottoman that can double as a second seat so the two of you can dine across from each other (the tables are enormous, and you can't beat the ambience of a window seat in that setting, IMHO) or conduct business; if you're planning on doing either one it might actually be more convenient to have seats across the aisle from each other than having to somehow walk around to the other side of the cabin.

Other than that, previous posts are right on: any seat in F on LX is a good seat.

[This message has been edited by SuperSlug (edited 10-31-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.