Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Making a waitlist award flight reservation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Making a waitlist award flight reservation

I vaguely remember that a while ago, some time before Covid, I was able to make an award booking when one of the segments was waitlisted at reservation time and cleared after a few days. I think it was on a Swiss operated flight.
I'm trying to make a similar reservation today and the agents on the SEN line say that it's not possible.
They tried using Senator waitlist reservation and try to clear it immediately, but can only do that on LH flights (Swiss flight has a better schedule).
Does it make sense? Was it really possible few years ago?

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:17 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by dtbe
I vaguely remember that a while ago, some time before Covid, I was able to make an award booking when one of the segments was waitlisted at reservation time and cleared after a few days. I think it was on a Swiss operated flight.
I'm trying to make a similar reservation today and the agents on the SEN line say that it's not possible.
They tried using Senator waitlist reservation and try to clear it immediately, but can only do that on LH flights (Swiss flight has a better schedule).
Does it make sense? Was it really possible few years ago?

Thanks!
You are right. It used to be possible for LX flights, too. But that has changed.
dtbe likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:02 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by shipsmail
You are right. It used to be possible for LX flights, too. But that has changed.
A few days ago I booked an award GRU-Europe in C on LX. The agent couldn’t confirm “I” class at the time of the reservation and said that the request needs to be sent to the revenue team. For 20 minutes GRU-ZRH and ZRH-Europe were shown as “waitlisted” on PNR and everything got confirmed shortly after. Admittedly, it was confirmed as a part of HON guarantee. But it seems to be possible to waitlist for LX, as long as it’s not in F cabin.
dtbe and gru_muc like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:53 am

Programs: M&M HON***
Originally Posted by olm022
A few days ago I booked an award GRU-Europe in C on LX. The agent couldn’t confirm “I” class at the time of the reservation and said that the request needs to be sent to the revenue team. For 20 minutes GRU-ZRH and ZRH-Europe were shown as “waitlisted” on PNR and everything got confirmed shortly after. Admittedly, it was confirmed as a part of HON guarantee. But it seems to be possible to waitlist for LX, as long as it’s not in F cabin.

I can confirm I had the same situation a couple of times.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by gru_muc
I can confirm I had the same situation a couple of times.
Same here, the HON award guarantee in I works for LX & OS not always immediately but within 24 hours of making the request, on LH it is instant
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:31 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by chris63
Same here, the HON award guarantee in I works for LX & OS not always immediately but within 24 hours of making the request, on LH it is instant
This isn’t a waitlist mechanism though, it’s a guaranteed contract benefit for HON.
chris63, LHSEN and athome like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:50 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
The SEN WL is available for LH & SN - I assume correctly that it can't be used for 4Y (Discover)- flights?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by janvdr
The SEN WL is available for LH & SN - I assume correctly that it can't be used for 4Y (Discover)- flights?
It can be used on 4Y, did so successfully a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:41 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by lxfc
It can be used on 4Y, did so successfully a few weeks ago.
That's excellent news and somehow not expected. I assume the WL will be based on the LH stock of these flights and therefore the LH rules apply (availability in J, C or D), since 4Y has no published GDS stock?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.