Search

Edelweiss Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2023, 4:26 pm
sfo
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Edelweiss Airlines

I may be flying Edelweiss from ZRH to YVR in Business Class, as LH is not offering award seats booked through UA at this time. Have read numerous reviews on Skytrax, which I take with a grain of salt. Thought I would ask on this forum hopefully from some who have flown with them and would offer their opinions regarding this airline. Thanks
Old Dec 14, 2023, 7:22 am

Programs: LXFF
Hard product is very similar to SWISS. I flew YUL-ZRH and back with them a few weeks ago, but it was a wet lease so it was slightly different, but the crew was actually very nice. On the flight to ZRH there was a hundred year old lady (I'm barely joking, maybe she was 95) and there did everything but spoon feed her. I thought they really went above a beyond.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 8:05 am
sfo
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. I flew Edelweiss many years ago in Cambodia, it was a wet lease, the flight attendents were Asian, the pilot and co pilot were not.

I have my choice between Edelweiss or Discover (LH), but there are long layovers in YYC on the way to YVR with Discover. I suspect the service on Edelweiss will be better than on Discover.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 3:51 am
Formerly known as koeche

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
Originally Posted by sfo
I have my choice between Edelweiss or Discover (LH), but there are long layovers in YYC on the way to YVR with Discover. I suspect the service on Edelweiss will be better than on Discover.
Definitely Edelweiss before Discover. Discover uses the crappy Lufthansa Business class seats. Service can be hit or miss, I would not say that it's generally better on Edelweiss.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 11:58 am
sfo
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CheckInPeach
Definitely Edelweiss before Discover. Discover uses the crappy Lufthansa Business class seats. Service can be hit or miss, I would not say that it's generally better on Edelweiss.
The flight from FRA to YYC on Discover is a wet lease from AY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.