Luggage Allowance

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2023, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Luggage Allowance

Hi

I am travelling DPS-HKG-ZRH-UK

Tickets issued by LH, bought online. DPS-HKG is with Cathay. Remainder of the return leg is LX (if it makes any difference outbounds was LH and Singapore).

Question is this, which operators luggage policy will apply on the return leg? I have SEN with LH, but no status on Oneworld. It could be significant because the person I am travelling with and myself are flying in lower cabins with Cathay than we are with LX.

Am I right in thinking that I will also not get my Star Alliance Gold +1 luggage?
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
CX at DPS will only allow you the baggage allowance shown in your ticket. Check the ticket receipt issued by LH.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 8:17 am

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
What I'd expect is that DPS-HKG has the allowance of the most significant carrier, which is LX on HKG-ZRH (-LON).
Just in case that the baggage allowance in your ticket is not what you think that it should be (that's likely the case since LH IT is involved), then you'd at least have a good point in your favour at checkin in DPS.

Quote from CX website: Passengers flying a multi-leg journey (either in different classes or on a codeshare flight) will need to work out their most significant carrier (MSC). This is the segment of the trip that is considered most significant by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), and dictates the baggage policy for the entire journey.
Source: CX Baggage rules

That's not a 100% guarantee to get the LX allowance of the higher class, but better than nothing, and no, I'd also not expect to get the +1 SEN bag on DPS-HKG.
sinoswiss likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 1:39 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
If you check your booking in LH app, go to "Manage my reservation" > "Additional services" > "Baggage" > "See detailed rules for baggage allowance" for outbound and inbound legs and it is stated there which the most significant carrier is.
​​​​​​For example, in my reservation for LX+LO flights it says: "The significant carrier is Swiss International Air Lines (LX)".
Old Dec 8, 2023, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
CX at DPS will only allow you the baggage allowance shown in your ticket. Check the ticket receipt issued by LH.
Hi
So the booking itself is silent

The "Passenger / Itinerary Receipt" (issued by Lufthansa) shows the full allowance (i.e. 3 bags) for each flight. WIll CX honour that despite it being issued by Lufthansa?
Old Dec 8, 2023, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andywaw
If you check your booking in LH app, go to "Manage my reservation" > "Additional services" > "Baggage" > "See detailed rules for baggage allowance" for outbound and inbound legs and it is stated there which the most significant carrier is.
​​​​​​For example, in my reservation for LX+LO flights it says: "The significant carrier is Swiss International Air Lines (LX)".

Hi! My booking in the baggage section says LX is the MSC. Will CX honour that?
Old Dec 8, 2023, 3:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by flieduk
Hi
So the booking itself is silent

The "Passenger / Itinerary Receipt" (issued by Lufthansa) shows the full allowance (i.e. 3 bags) for each flight. WIll CX honour that despite it being issued by Lufthansa?
Yes, that is the allowance you have ticketed. So CX will use that at checkin.
flieduk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.