Search

Status miles accrued on sector upgraded with miles/e-voucher/bid

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2023, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Status miles accrued on sector upgraded with miles/e-voucher/bid

Hi
As I understand it, miles/e-voucher/bid upgrades from Y or PE to Business are now (re-)ticketed in P, irrespective of the revenue class available in Business at the time of the upgrade. So what happens to the status miles that are credited by the system? I am asking as, e.g., some PE fares (G, E) actually accrue more status miles than P. Does any difference then need to be claimed manually, or does the system recognize it correctly, and automatically credit the status miles as per the base ticket, and not P (I have my doubts, since it is also not capable of correctly applying award miles to business upsell/bid tickets, usually just crediting the status miles as award miles as well, which in many cases may be less than the revenue-derived calculation that should actually be applied, thus requiring a manual retro-claim for the difference)?
Thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 9:50 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Wtravel
Hi
As I understand it, miles/e-voucher/bid upgrades from Y or PE to Business are now (re-)ticketed in P, irrespective of the revenue class available in Business at the time of the upgrade. So what happens to the status miles that are credited by the system? I am asking as, e.g., some PE fares (G, E) actually accrue more status miles than P. Does any difference then need to be claimed manually, or does the system recognize it correctly, and automatically credit the status miles as per the base ticket, and not P (I have my doubts, since it is also not capable of correctly applying award miles to business upsell/bid tickets, usually just crediting the status miles as award miles as well, which in many cases may be less than the revenue-derived calculation that should actually be applied, thus requiring a manual retro-claim for the difference)?
Thanks.
Mileage / eVoucher / check-in / gate / onboard upgrades do not change the fare class.

Fixed price / bid upgrades do change the fare class and you should expect the lowest class for the upgrade cabin and be pleasantly surprised if it's anything higher.

Upgrades seem to confuse the system and they usually revert to mile based accrual in my experience, even when I have a 220 ticket bought directly from LH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.