Wiki Posts
Search

LX departure in ZRH from Non Schengen D or E...late announcement

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2023, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
LX departure in ZRH from Non Schengen D or E...late announcement

Will fly on an LX flight to a short haul Non_Schengen destination, which often departs from D but sometimes also from E.
gate will only be announced 60+ minutes before departure...but I arrive 2.5 hourse in advance at the airport.
after check in and security, there is passport control (outbound from Schengen) to enter D (and the LX lounge in D)...if they later announce the gate to be at E, can I still take the Heidi express from D to E without entering back to C....
thanks
Old Jun 15, 2023, 6:21 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
You can transfer between D and E (both directions) either within non-Schengen, but not secure, or you can detour via Schengen (Airside Center) which is secure but only worth it for EU biometric passport holders because two document controls.

I would suggest going to the lounge in E and transfering to D once the gate is announced. It's a better experience in the lounge.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
You can transfer between D and E (both directions) either within non-Schengen, but not secure, or you can detour via Schengen (Airside Center) which is secure but only worth it for EU biometric passport holders because two document controls.

I would suggest going to the lounge in E and transfering to D once the gate is announced. It's a better experience in the lounge.
Completely agree, with that amount of time, go to E lounge & then head to D later on the train
Old Jun 15, 2023, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk

what do you mean by "transfer, but not secure"? would I have to pass security again?
Old Jun 15, 2023, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BinSabai
what do you mean by "transfer, but not secure"? would I have to pass security again?
yes ... D --> E required another security check @ E. I prefer the 2 passport controls and would go D --> A --> E, but I have an EU passport ...

Most s/h non-Schengen flights depart from D IME.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 9:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
Personally I'd just use the A Lounge and then move to D or E once the gate is known, safes you the back and forth.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
No transit security E to D
Old Jun 16, 2023, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pilatusguy
Personally I'd just use the A Lounge and then move to D or E once the gate is known, safes you the back and forth.
Yes but the E lounge is much nicer
Old Jun 16, 2023, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
yes ... D --> E required another security check @ E. I prefer the 2 passport controls and would go D --> A --> E, but I have an EU passport ...

Most s/h non-Schengen flights depart from D IME.
thanks

yes looks like most short haul non-schengen from D, that's why I am a bit reluctant to move to E....and later likely back
Old Jun 16, 2023, 2:32 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Head for the A Lounge and ask staff there if they could tell you the planned gate. Most of the times the planned gate is known hours ahead. They only announce it an hour before, in case of an aircraft change. So you'd have some kind of certainty, which gate your flight is supposed to leave from, but still need to keep an eye on the departure screen.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flospi
Head for the A Lounge and ask staff there if they could tell you the planned gate. Most of the times the planned gate is known hours ahead.
This
Old Jun 16, 2023, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flospi
Head for the A Lounge and ask staff there if they could tell you the planned gate. Most of the times the planned gate is known hours ahead. They only announce it an hour before, in case of an aircraft change. So you'd have some kind of certainty, which gate your flight is supposed to leave from, but still need to keep an eye on the departure screen.
why ask at the lounge...if that is the case that planned gate is known, check in staff could give an indication when I check in, whether it will be D or E?
Old Jun 16, 2023, 3:43 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by chris63
No transit security E to D
Since when? I distinctly remember passing a security checkpoint to get from E to D last winter.
MeltingAlf likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
Since when? I distinctly remember passing a security checkpoint to get from E to D last winter.
I agree - there is a security checkpoint right at the entrance to the D pier. I have not used it, but can't see how anyone could go from E to D without either going through that security re-check or going E -->A/B --> D (and thus, two document checks).
Old Jun 17, 2023, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gojko88
Not done it post pandemic & they have also driven me to aircraft a few times but once in E you are clean & i thought the train was segregated & therefore you arrive clean at D ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.