Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX: Incorrect "price" in Manage Booking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2023, 3:16 am
Original Poster

LX: Incorrect "price" in Manage Booking

I had done a simple over-the-phone rebooking recently due to a cancellation of one of the legs, but when I looked online, the agent had rebooked me in Economy rather than Business. They changed it back to business no problem, but now I notice that the "price of flights" shown in Manage Booking is much lower than I paid, presumably as it is showing what the price is for economy. Nothing changed with regards to billing my credit card (I didnt get a nice chunky refund ).

Not sure whether this is something I should call up about (yet again). Not sure if it might cause a problem with crediting flights and/or irrops, if something changes mid trip and the booking reverts back to Economy for some reason. As theres a few people on the booking the difference is quite big, like £4k lower than I actually paid.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 3:47 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL PM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
In April I had a rebooking done to an LX feeder flight due to a schedule change, which included a final destination change within the allowed distance from the original destination airport. This was part of a long haul trip in F—the final short hop ex-ZRH was the one in question. The original round trip was around 5500 Euros, and after the change the app indicated a "'price" of ~12k Euros, which is probably what the applied fare basis would have cost had the change been voluntary. I thankfully wasn't charged anything, but to my slight disappointment, I only received 5500 Euros worth of award miles afterwards.

I would chalk it up to LH Group IT and not worry about it.
chris63 and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 8:04 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
[QUOTE=pdeut;35307890]In April I had a rebooking done to an LX feeder flight due to a schedule change, which included a final destination change within the allowed distance from the original destination airport. This was part of a long haul trip in F—the final short hop ex-ZRH was the one in question. The original round trip was around 5500 Euros, and after the change the app indicated a "'price" of ~12k Euros, which is probably what the applied fare basis would have cost had the change been voluntary. I thankfully wasn't charged anything, but to my slight disappointment, I only received 5500 Euros worth of award miles afterwards.

I would chalk it up to LH Group IT and not worry about it.[/QUOTE
What is "allowed distance from/to original airport of origin/destination" in case of flight irregularities? I know airlines would not allow swap with alternative airport nearby in case of flight cancellations or delays. In 30 years, I could change them only 3 times!
Old Jun 10, 2023, 10:44 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL PM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
What is "allowed distance from/to original airport of origin/destination" in case of flight irregularities? I know airlines would not allow swap with alternative airport nearby in case of flight cancellations or delays. In 30 years, I could change them only 3 times!
In the case of LH Group, I believe it is 200km. Not entirely sure, but this has been cited to me several times on the phone as a reason for not complying with my request to change a destination as it was outside of this range.
In practice though, I have had very good experiences getting all kinds of changes done, including ones that were perhaps quite illegal with respect to the specific fare, by asking very nicely in person at the LH Service Center, or better yet, the right staff member in a lounge.
kai.lileboo likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 3:17 pm

This document [0] indicates a limit of 250 miles or roughly 400km for rebooking to a different destination — no clue if that’s the rule they actually follow.

[0] https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/sha...ile_152012.pdf
kai.lileboo likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 3:13 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by lxfc
This document [0] indicates a limit of 250 miles or roughly 400km for rebooking to a different destination — no clue if that’s the rule they actually follow.

[0] https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/sha...ile_152012.pdf
good to know the official rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.