Search

SWISS Magazine

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2023, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: The Entire Universe!
SWISS Magazine

Farewell SWISS Magazine!

It has been a while since last paper issue of LX magazine was published and replaced with a digital version...

I just wonder what your memorises about the LX magazine are? feel free to share your opinions on other magazines from LHG as well ;-)

LX Magazine

LX Magazine
Old May 27, 2023, 3:50 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I think I have a couple of them in my stash, I started a collection before Corona when I was flying a lot (not specifically Swiss, I have like all editions of Flying Dutchman from mid 2017 till early 2020, most LH, OS and some other ones including LX).

While I enjoyed reading these half lifestyle magazines half ad catalogues, and they did occasionally inspire a visit to a place mentioned, I was actually extremely surprised they survived past the pandemic. I felt like the media is already on its last legs and that was the best opportinity to just... cut the cost.

I'm just glad that the Swiss chocolate bar survived (shame as it is that it's the only edible thing you get these days without extra payment)
NewAtlantis likes this.
Old May 28, 2023, 2:57 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I used to collect them, had Swissair Gazette and even subscribed to the magazine. I once sold them on ricardo.ch after SR went bankrupt.

Recently, the only thing I am ever interested in are the fleet information and route network. I honestly do not miss the paper version.
NewAtlantis likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Cool

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I think I have a couple of them in my stash, I started a collection before Corona when I was flying a lot (not specifically Swiss, I have like all editions of Flying Dutchman from mid 2017 till early 2020, most LH, OS and some other ones including LX).

While I enjoyed reading these half lifestyle magazines half ad catalogues, and they did occasionally inspire a visit to a place mentioned, I was actually extremely surprised they survived past the pandemic. I felt like the media is already on its last legs and that was the best opportinity to just... cut the cost.

I'm just glad that the Swiss chocolate bar survived (shame as it is that it's the only edible thing you get these days without extra payment)
Yes, and I couldn’t agree more as it is all about cost cutting and making more money as M&M catalogue and LX Saveurs deals are still printed and available on-board for the obvious reasons!

Swiss chocolate bars may miraculously disappear at some point and in the near future be just replaced with paid ones ;-)
Old Jun 10, 2023, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 59Impala
I used to collect them, had Swissair Gazette and even subscribed to the magazine. I once sold them on ricardo.ch after SR went bankrupt.

Recently, the only thing I am ever interested in are the fleet information and route network. I honestly do not miss the paper version.
I still have a small collection of the magazine on my shelves and I definitely miss the paper version …
59Impala likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 11:43 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by NewAtlantis
I still have a small collection of the magazine on my shelves and I definitely miss the paper version …
yes, I meant I do not miss the paper version today. I miss the Swissair Gazette and in hindsight should not have sold them
NewAtlantis likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.