Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more champagne in J s/m-haul?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2023, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

No more champagne in J s/m-haul?

According to some trip reports I came across online, SWISS has replaced champagne with cheap sparkling wine on short/medium-haul flights in J. Can anyone confirm? The race to the very bottom of the Lufthansa Group continues?

Last edited by fil_87; Apr 1, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Old Apr 1, 2023, 3:19 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by fil_87
According to some trip reports I came across online, SWISS has replaced champagne with cheap sparkling wine on short/medium-haul flights in J. Can anyone confirm? The race to the very bottom of the Lufthansa Group continues?
LX said it was a test phase and champagne is supposed to be back from April.
Koby and chris63 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 3:54 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
The more people who complain, the higher the chance this “three month trial” won’t be extended.
chris63 and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by vantage03
The more people who complain, the higher the chance this “three month trial” won’t be extended.
Yes, i hope it’s ended, already, will find out this coming week….. they are still advertising Champagne on the English web page & Swiss Crew, could even be a double fail since my flight just got changed to Air Baltic…..
Old Apr 1, 2023, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
LX said it was a test phase and champagne is supposed to be back from April.
I pray your right but i think it might be May before the trial is over……
worldclubber likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 10:39 pm

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, i hope it’s ended, already, will find out this coming week….. they are still advertising Champagne on the English web page & Swiss Crew, could even be a double fail since my flight just got changed to Air Baltic…..
Air Baltic offers champagne even on very shot J hops.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jorma
Air Baltic offers champagne even on very shot J hops.
Really ?

Why would Air Baltic serve Champagne on LX flights as wetlease, when the current LX & Helvetic flights only serve Swiss Sparkling Wine ?
Old Apr 1, 2023, 10:48 pm

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by chris63
Really ?

Why would Air Baltic serve Champagne on LX flights as wetlease, when the current LX & Helvetic flights only serve Swiss Sparkling Wine ?
Probably wont on LX wetleases, true, havent flown the wetleases. Only their own product.
Just stating that even they are more though as a "LCC", they have champagne and pretty good meal in J. Which cant be said from most legacy carriers in Europe nowdays.
chris63 and the810 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jorma
Probably wont on LX wetleases, true, havent flown the wetleases. Only their own product.
Just stating that even they are more though as a "LCC", they have champagne and pretty good meal in J. Which cant be said from most legacy carriers in Europe nowdays.
Interesting, well my first Air Baltic as a wetlease for LX coming up, lets see how they perform compared to LX & clearly Air Baltic FA’s should know the difference between Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Old Apr 2, 2023, 12:33 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Have been on a number of Air Baltic and Helvetic wetleases for LX recently and they serve whatever LX wants them to. Champagne before the „trial phase“ and Swiss bubbly ever since it started.
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 12:49 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
LX management insists that it is only temporary due to short in supply. You choose yourself if you belief them. I personally believe they will come up with a story of local supply, sustainability and of course very positive customer feedback on the new product that they eliminate champagne permanently.
airoli, Koby and chris63 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HKG1111
LX management insists that it is only temporary due to short in supply. You choose yourself if you belief them. I personally believe they will come up with a story of local supply, sustainability and of course very positive customer feedback on the new product that they eliminate champagne permanently.
I fear your spot on here but they will remember my feedback if it’s cheap bubbles this week

Trading standards offence in the UK to advertise something you knowingly do not supply
Old Apr 2, 2023, 4:08 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
No way, KLM has also been claiming they replaced Champagne with Cava due to supply shortages though that was in longhaul.
chris63 and MichielR like this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 5:40 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I had a glass of Swiss's sparkling wine a couple of weeks ago and it was actually the worst I've ever tasted. And I've been drinking BA champagne for 20 years. I had to give it back and wash my mouth out with a glass of white wine - which I don't even like.

We can debate the intellectual role of positioning of champagne vs. a sparkling wine, but they should only use the current stuff for cleaning the toilets.
chris63, MichielR, the810 and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 7:36 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
At the same time they continue to sell proper champagne on board….
HKG1111 and worldclubber like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.