Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Lounge Choices, Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2022, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Swiss Lounge Choices, Bangkok

I am flying with Swiss for the first time to Bangkok in early January and am seeking some lounge info. I gather that I have a choice of using either Thai, Turkish or Eva Air Lounges in Bangkok. I am familiar with the Eva lounge having flown with them many times but I do not want to be a long walk from gates that Swiss usually use, if indeed they tend to be allocated gates in the same area of the airport. Any advice based on the quality of the lounges and walking distance to aircraft greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by dave31
I am flying with Swiss for the first time to Bangkok in early January and am seeking some lounge info. I gather that I have a choice of using either Thai, Turkish or Eva Air Lounges in Bangkok. I am familiar with the Eva lounge having flown with them many times but I do not want to be a long walk from gates that Swiss usually use, if indeed they tend to be allocated gates in the same area of the airport. Any advice based on the quality of the lounges and walking distance to aircraft greatly appreciated.
It’s BKK & Thailand, your departure gate could be anywhere… however currently the SQ lounge is far superior to the other *A lounges
Old Dec 15, 2022, 8:28 am
Original Poster

I don't think that flying with Swiss entitles me to use the Singapore Airlines Lounge.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
I don't think that flying with Swiss entitles me to use the Singapore Airlines Lounge.
Yes if you have *G, not if only in C. If you're in Y and have no *G then no lounge whatsoever. Some additional info would help
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Flying in business class (D).
Old Dec 15, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Thai, Turkish or Eva - according to the Lounge Finder. Be mindful that the Lounge Finder is not always up to date. You can always try the SQ lounge…
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MichielR
Thai, Turkish or Eva - according to the Lounge Finder. Be mindful that the Lounge Finder is not always up to date. You can always try the SQ lounge…
Flew back from BKK on Austrian last month. Access to the SQ lounge wasn't a problem, & I don't believe it will be a problem if you're flying Swiss.

The lounge was very good & they serve Champagne, unlike pre-Covid IIRC.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 4:15 pm

+1 on SQ lounge for the best experience. IIRC they accepted Star Alliance gold

The other one worth trying is Oman Air lounge, very small but nice attention and decent shower. I think Priority Pass got me in there.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Fairly certain SQ will accept LX J pax & anyway the TG lounge is next door & that is the second best *A lounge at BKK
Old Dec 16, 2022, 3:36 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
I would rank them Singapore, EVA and Thai a tied second, and Turkish last. But tastes differ.

You should have access to all of these lounges.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 7:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by chris63
Fairly certain SQ will accept LX J pax
Absolutely. That's a *A rule. J pax are entitled to *A business class lounge access.

SQ is definitely the best *A option IMO.
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 12:46 am

I can confirm that BKK lounge hopping with an LX C boarding pass and without *G status works – last tried by +1 in early December.

There were reports a few years ago about SQ denying access to passengers not flying on their metal for capacity reasons. But those are stories of the distant past.

Comparing *A lounges in BKK, I agree that SQ is the preferred choice. However, the new TG lounge is not too bad either. Late morning (before LX departure) it's not crowded and there is a show kitchen preparing breakfast items to order. You don't have that over at SQ.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 11:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
We visited the SQ and Thai lounge mid-morning two days ago. We were travelling in business on SWISS. No problem with gaining entry to SQ. SQ lounge smaller and quieter than Thai. Champagne in SQ but only a very poor white wine in Thai. I also thought that the food was better in SQ. Would not bother with the Thai lounge next time.
chris63, Vixit and worldclubber like this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by heb999
We visited the SQ and Thai lounge mid-morning two days ago. We were travelling in business on SWISS. No problem with gaining entry to SQ. SQ lounge smaller and quieter than Thai. Champagne in SQ but only a very poor white wine in Thai. I also thought that the food was better in SQ. Would not bother with the Thai lounge next time.
Thanks! Kinda confirms my personal ranking SQ, BR, TG, gap, TK.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Is the TG FCL lounge re-open again after COIVD? LH/LX used to offer their FCL/HON the FCL lounge. During COVID only TG Business Lounge was offered

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.