Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Again two daily flights ZRH-JFK from January?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
Again two daily flights ZRH-JFK from January?

LX has doubled the capacity for ZRH-JFK-ZRH from January by adding the LX16/LX17 flights again, which were cancelled for quite some time. While LH is cutting capacity on their TATL routes, LX is doing the opposite? I cannot imagine that this will really happen (I am booked on two of these flight in January and February). Any insights?
Old Oct 13, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Yes already in Nov. I am not thrilled, they‘ve cancelled LX17, rebooked me to LX15 and they refused to reinstate me to LX17. Not happy.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LHSEN
Yes already in Nov. I am not thrilled, they‘ve cancelled LX17, rebooked me to LX15 and they refused to reinstate me to LX17. Not happy.
Strange enough: yes in Nov., but not in December, while EF says "daily".
Old Oct 14, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
It’s most likely due to JFK slots. The slot waiver period ends at the end of October with the start of the winter schedule so airlines have to start using their slots or risk losing them.

On a related note, LX14 has a horrendous on time performance record (19%!)….not only is it often subject to delays on the ZRH side due to ATC, it almost always has to wait for a T1 gate when it lands on time or ahead of schedule…LX16 would be a nice relief..
Old Oct 16, 2022, 4:04 am

Wait ... why is it a bad thing that LX is now offering two flights a day for JFK - ZRH and return? I'm booked on LX 16 from ZRH to JFK in early November ... is that a bad thing? As @ClipperDelta notes in Post #4, it feels like LX14 may be a bad flight to be on as it is from a performance perspective.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 4:15 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
All the LX14 flights (which is many) I took in the last 12 months - on-time performance isn‘t that bad, it‘s pretty much all within the +15mins window, except 1 time almost 1 hr late due to some slight tech issue … The most memorable delay was arrived on-time but waited on the tarmac for 4 hours waiting for a gate, but that was due to an immediate aftermath of a big snow storm; crew did their best to serve dinner too in F on the ground of what‘s left to eat … that was years ago. I personally don‘t like LX16 due to its time - too early departure. I prefer LX14 and LX18 if both goes to JFK at same current schedule, and LX16 can depart in the morning going to EWR (if they depart like 8am even better for business related trip for its early arrival time and EWR is easier to get to mid/downtown in my opinion.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Just seen on EF that the flights LX16/17 have been added also in December. I have rebooked to these flights.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 8:40 am

I am thrilled to see two daily flights again. Lately I've chosen LX16 over LX14 as it gets me to JFK much earlier and doesn't leave too early from ZRH (if flying nonstop). For the return flight LX15 is the way to go as it allows me to spend a full day in NYC and it leaves late enough to be able to fall asleep on the flight (I'm taking this flight on 2 January 2023). I don't understand why LX17's departure got anticipated by 2 hours though.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Riccardo92
I am thrilled to see two daily flights again. Lately I've chosen LX16 over LX14 as it gets me to JFK much earlier and doesn't leave too early from ZRH (if flying nonstop). For the return flight LX15 is the way to go as it allows me to spend a full day in NYC and it leaves late enough to be able to fall asleep on the flight (I'm taking this flight on 2 January 2023). I don't understand why LX17's departure got anticipated by 2 hours though.
I agree with your statements. For a later flight you have the option to fly EWR-ZRH. Unfortunately the lounge situation in EWR is really bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.