Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX to ZRH award availbility

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2022, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

LAX to ZRH award availbility

So I've been looking for seats on Swiss LAX to ZRH, but I can't seem to find any availability at all, even in economy??
On United, the farthest out I can see on is May 2023, and that's in econ.
I thought swiss opened up 339 days for econ and 300 days for business.

Am I missing something or is this the norm?
I've tried searching other threads to see if anyone else is having similar issues...no dice. Is it just me?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 13, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
LX doesn't make awards available on all flights, either as an explicit guarantee (like BA or VS) or as an unstated practice. It seems like you're looking for awards beyond May 2023. Summer is peak season for TATL travel, so it's not surprising that there are no J awards, given the robust TATL premium cabin demand this summer. If LX ends up selling fewer seats than expected at any point between now and next summer, they may start to open up awards.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 8:34 pm

I was looking for May/June 2023 as well and ended up going with LOT in J, from LAX to MXP (Milan) using United miles.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: LXFF
LAX/SFO has always been super tough to book with miles, especialy from third parties (not M&M).

These days, its even less predictable. Even YUL that has been super easy in the past is not automatically open for next summer, basically nothing available with Aeroplan and way more miles than before.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ced_lx
LAX/SFO has always been super tough to book with miles, especialy from third parties (not M&M).

These days, its even less predictable. Even YUL that has been super easy in the past is not automatically open for next summer, basically nothing available with Aeroplan and way more miles than before.

So basically, if I want to fly Swiss out of LAX/SFO, I have to book with M&M... okay, thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2022, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by shingu79
So basically, if I want to fly Swiss out of LAX/SFO, I have to book with M&M... okay, thanks!
I was trying to find seats next year on C (LH,LX) or F (F) between SFO/LAX and Germany using M+Ms. No availability for several month.
Even in paid F it is difficult to find seats in A (the cheaper class and also used for RTW.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.