Wiki Posts
Search

Roll out of Premium Economy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Roll out of Premium Economy

I'm looking at booking flights in July (SFO - Zurich) in Premium Economy, but I am a bit uneasy as the plans have not been updated to include this seat type yet.

How confident would you be that it will be ready in time? What would happen if I booked it and then the plan was a standard layout with that row being economy?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
If the ticket says Premium Economy, getting a regular Economy seat would constitute an involuntary downgrade. That's a pretty expensive exercise for LX, so if they're selling it now, I reckon the chances are it'll be ready.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:42 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
If that happens you will get either a refund or/and a reimbursement or you will get rerouted with LH/OS.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:16 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I heard certification of the seats is delayed, but cannot remember how much. But correct, if you booked PE they would have to compensate you if downgraded.
but you could also be upgraded…
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:13 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
The posted an update with a video today:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/swiss...112134656-5lK7
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
They're selling PE seats for April flights on LX38/39.
Originally Posted by ermis177
If that happens you will get either a refund or/and a reimbursement or you will get rerouted with LH/OS.
Sure about that? I know Switzerland purports to follow EC261, but isn't enforcement essentially nonexistent?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:03 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee

Sure about that? I know Switzerland purports to follow EC261, but isn't enforcement essentially nonexistent?
No i cannot be sure but Swiss is usually good when it comes to these issues. At least pre covid.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:00 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Kacee

Originally Posted by ermis177
No i cannot be sure but Swiss is usually good when it comes to these issues. At least pre covid.
Inaugural flight is scheduled for March 3rd to MIA. April should be safe I'd say for SFO
LX is looking for instagrammers to report on the inaugural flight
Kacee likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:15 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Inaugural flight is scheduled for March 3rd to MIA. April should be safe I'd say for SFO
LX is looking for instagrammers to report on the inaugural flight
Inaugural flight was today as scheduled. All 77W should be fitted with PE by May, then the 340 shouldvfollow
Old Mar 19, 2022, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.blick.ch/life/reisen/so-...d17302255.html

(article "sponsored" by LX)
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassadorless / UA 1K / National Executive Elite
PE Seats

I flew the new PE cabin on the 777 MIA-ZRH last Sat. The seat was very odd to operate. it only had 2 buttons that were manual, not electric. one extended the leg rest and the other triggered a mechanism that allows the seat to slide out and back go into recline. But you have to use your body momentum to get the chair to move. Many people were having issues trying to operate them. The screens were nice and big but not much to find to watch. Food was same as Econ but presented nicer?

Decent flight and only 150$ to upgrade from my Y ticket.

On the flight a young Swiss girl; apparently took a bunch of drugs in Miami and had a freak out in the exit row. 1 seat in front of me. We were about 1.5 hrs out from Miami. Dr.'s onboard tried to calm her down. but she was screaming, removing her clothes and crawling all over her seat, grabbing passengers. They sedated her with meds from the on board bag. It took about 2 hours to get control of her. they moved her to the back continued on to ZRH. pretty wild.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: LXFF
Can really go wrong for 150$. Manual seat controls saves lots of CHF... the seats in business and F always require maintenance so I guess they wanted to avoid that. But it does sound like there is alittel learning curve.
romans likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 1:23 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Thanks for this experience report!

Originally Posted by BmanCCP
On the flight a young Swiss girl; apparently took a bunch of drugs in Miami and had a freak out in the exit row. 1 seat in front of me. We were about 1.5 hrs out from Miami. Dr.'s onboard tried to calm her down. but she was screaming, removing her clothes and crawling all over her seat, grabbing passengers. They sedated her with meds from the on board bag. It took about 2 hours to get control of her. they moved her to the back continued on to ZRH. pretty wild.
TLDR: Don't do drug kids.
ijgordon and Fyfan like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:38 pm

So PE has been in operation for 6 weeks now, yet only UA and LH-group have actually updated their earning chart to include it. This makes flying N as worthless as LH P for partner earning. G and E may earn something, but it is still less than it should be as they are still classified as economy fare codes. Any guess when/if other *A airlines will actually acknowledge the existence of LX PE?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Lx 65 mia-zrh

Wanted to share my impressions only of the new Premium Economy Seat. Due toy first operational upgrade I was bumped to J. My takeaways below:

- Aesthetically I love the colors and cabin

- The seats recline forward and not backwards to allow your fellow passengers a comfortable meal I suppose. I do wonder how getting to sleep would be on this seat vs a standard premium economy seat.

- No wall separating Premium Economy and Economy which feels naked lol.

- No dedicated Premium Y bathroom. You will share it with Economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.