Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Be grateful if someone would kindly remind me …

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2021, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
Be grateful if someone would kindly remind me …

We are flying LHR/ZRH/LAX on Thursday. We have about one hour to connect. Upon arrival in ZRH, do we make our way to F Cl L at A gates and get a lift over to E? (We are in F Cl.). Many thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2021, 4:21 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Seat 1K
We are flying LHR/ZRH/LAX on Thursday. We have about one hour to connect. Upon arrival in ZRH, do we make our way to F Cl L at A gates and get a lift over to E? (We are in F Cl.). Many thanks!
If you have UK passports, you would have to enter Switzerland to go to the FCL at A, whereas you could take the Heidi train to E without passport controls. If there is a queue for passport control to enter A I'd take that option.

If there is no queue then you could go to FCL A, they will do the document checks for the USA there and drive you to E (not to the gate though). You'd need a Swiss entry form in that scenario.
Seat 1K likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 2:47 am

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Originally Posted by Seat 1K
Just did the reverse LAX-ZRH in F a week ago (and a similarly timed departure to JFK in F before that). One hour is quite short for FCL and departure to US, unless you were landing ex-Schengen. FCL will be crowded at that hour too, with the bank of departures to US/YUL/DXB. Personally, I found the wines to be better on board than at FCL. I might skip FCL in this situation, to be honest, and board as early as possible for some Grand Siecle
Seat 1K likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Is this entry form different than the process to submit your vaccine records to obtain the QR code that would allow you into restaurants, etc.? I am flying next month and when I try to complete the form, the website does not allow me to select an entrance date beyond Oct 31.

Disregard - I see now that the entry form can only be submitted 48 hours prior to arrival.

Last edited by PresRDC; Oct 26, 2021 at 2:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.