Wiki Posts
Search

LX First class lounge ZRH?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:57 pm

Programs: LXFF
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes but how long ago ?
The rules changed & are supposed to be group wide, FCL access is for HON or SEN only on arrival unless you have a connecting flight on the same F ticket
SEN status does not give you access to F lounges in the LH group...SEN only gives you access to first class check-in.

Last edited by ced_lx; Jun 22, 2022 at 10:57 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by ced_lx
SEN status does not give you access to F lounges in the LH group...SEN only gives you access to first class check-in.
Of course SEN don’t get access to F lounges, however SEN status gives you lounge access on arrival, if your arrival flight is in F then maybe the lounge agents can permit access. HON get F arrival lounge access regardless of the ticket class.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: LXFF
Of course SEN don’t get access to F lounges, however SEN status gives you lounge access on arrival, if your arrival flight is in F then maybe the lounge agents can permit access. HON get F arrival lounge access regardless of the ticket class.
It's just that you make it sound like someone with SEN status will get access to the F lounge on arrival. Just how I am reading it I guess.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ced_lx
It's just that you make it sound like someone with SEN status will get access to the F lounge on arrival. Just how I am reading it I guess.
See above, Nick Art was denied access whilst other contributors to this thread were not & the striking difference was they were SEN
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:46 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Okay, thank you all for the vivid discussion. Let me summarise:

It has been suggested that F Lounge access on arrival (with no onwards journey) is no longer a thing, unless one is HON or in the case where the F pax is SEN, as SEN get arrival access to SEN lounges, the F ticket bumps them to F lounge access.

I think we can all agree that had I had an onwards journey on the same ticket, I would have definitely had access.

However, against the above rules speak the suggestion from the lounge agent that had I been on the direct flight to ZRH and terminating in ZRH I would have had access. Maybe a special case due to the Swiss Arrival service at ZRH?

My last F flights were indeed before the pandemic so maybe something changed in the rules since then, which I would find a significant downgrade, as I always enjoyed the arrival access to the F lounges. It always rounded of the trip very well. I think the bad impression of being denied at a lounge entrance far outweighs what little could be optimised/saved with this measure. It just cheapens the whole experience.

I'm still not 100% convinced which exact rules apply now (partially because I don't want to be), so I would like to check with the LX or LHG F service. I tried contacting them via the premium travel E-Mail, however, that no longer seems to be active. Does anybody know what the current E-Mail of the premium travel service at LX is (for us lowly F-flying non-HON/SEN/FTL)?

Edit: Did a typo in the premium travel service E-Mail. Still works. Whoops!

Last edited by Nick Art; Jul 2, 2022 at 2:01 am
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:12 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Question to you F Lounge experts. What would you recommend…. I‘ll be checking in in ZRH, would you suggest the A lounge or E lounge? Done the E lounge previously, but no experience with A.

is there securityPassport check at A lounge?
is there a transfer via car/van to the E gates?

thanks for insights!!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Question to you F Lounge experts. What would you recommend…. I‘ll be checking in in ZRH, would you suggest the A lounge or E lounge? Done the E lounge previously, but no experience with A.

thanks for insights!!
Assuming you are departing on a long-haul LX flight, suggest starting at the A lounge. There is a private security checkpoint at the entrance to the lounge near the general security checkpoint--the entrance is very visible. From there, you can request a car transfer to the E gates and lounge. You'll go through a private passport control after exiting the A lounge and just before getting in the car to E.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:18 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by dkc192
Assuming you are departing on a long-haul LX flight, suggest starting at the A lounge. There is a private security checkpoint at the entrance to the lounge near the general security checkpoint--the entrance is very visible. From there, you can request a car transfer to the E gates and lounge. You'll go through a private passport control after exiting the A lounge and just before getting in the car to E.
thanks for the speedy reply! and yes, departing ZRH to ORD.

Last edited by 59Impala; Jun 27, 2022 at 10:37 pm
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks for insights!!
Definitely start in A, use the escalators up to the lounge for dedicated security & then transfer when you like from A to E, via the F passport control on the way, they will drive you with the F mini bus
59Impala likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:37 pm
formerly a193991

Definitely start in A, use the escalators up to the lounge for dedicated security & then transfer when you like from A to E, via the F passport control on the way, they will drive you with the F mini bus
THANKS!
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

THANKS!
Hope & expect you to enjoy the experience but do let us know how it goes ?
59Impala likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:00 pm
formerly a193991

Hope & expect you to enjoy the experience but do let us know how it goes ?
will do, but it will be October… just already excited
flew F very often on SR, but LX just once. So can hardly wait
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: LX SEN
I am flying TATL this coming Friday. I will have access to the FCLs. Is the situation back to normal? I was in FCL A last year twice, and it was not great (in the summer, very limited food offering, and in the late autumn the F&B was better, but the lounge was too crowded),
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Nic33
I am flying TATL this coming Friday. I will have access to the FCLs. Is the situation back to normal? I was in FCL A last year twice, and it was not great (in the summer, very limited food offering, and in the late autumn the F&B was better, but the lounge was too crowded),
Yes, it's much better in terms of overcrowding since the E lounge has reopened. F&B has been normal for a while. But if you're flying TATL, I'd suggest spending more time in E than in A (and using the A lounge for security/transfer to E).
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Current FC! E Menu

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.