Wiki Posts
Search

LX F for the first time

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:54 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I thought all of the ottomans have been retrofitted with belts by now, have they not?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I thought all of the ottomans have been retrofitted with belts by now, have they not?
One imagines that’s currently the least of the OP’s issues
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Mid-december, when I flew in F and enquired, the maître de cabine told me that it depended on the particular a340. So I assume that the one that I took in summer (refurbished, but with no belts) still has no belts to this date. But I do (unfortunately) not fly F enough to be able to elaborate more.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by chris63
One imagines that’s currently the least of the OP’s issues
It seems that OP is not flying single and may have to be prepared to forfeit face to face dining on certain a340s... It is true that it is not as bad as forfeiting FCL A.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Nic33
It seems that OP is not flying single and may have to be prepared to forfeit face to face dining on certain a340s... It is true that it is not as bad as forfeiting FCL A.
Or missing a flight due to the short connection...
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks all. So if it's an A330 then we will definitely have the face to face dining? We quite liked the idea of that seeing as we likely won't be able to access the FCL A most likely.

Frustratingly I've been trying to get hold of Swiss via their contact centre for 2 days now. 45 minute wait the first time and I had to disconnect. Then today I got through after 10 minutes but then got disconnected. I'm now back in a queue that has lasted 25 minutes... there are questions as well on the testing as we are going LHR - ZRH - DXB and the Dubai Gov websites seem to suggest that you cannot use a PCR test when you get to the airport in DXB that has been used for entry to another country... not sure how much this is policed in DXB or whether it applies to us as we're transiting and so not leaving the airport. But now with the shorter connection time that also potentially adds a problem if we need to get tested in Zurich.

The person I got through to at Swiss today for a few minutes before it disconnected was advising me on that. Not sure if they're having some problems with their phone lines but it is becoming very frustrating now.

They don't have a First Class contact centre number, do they?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:38 am
Original Poster

So if we're on an A330 are we 100% guaranteed the face to face dining on board? As we potentially won't time now for the FCL A we were looking forward to this.

Frustratingly I have been trying to get hold of Swiss for 2 days via their contact centres. Yesterday was a 45 minute wait before I had to disconnect and then today I got through after 10 minutes only to be disconnected. And the same happened again after a further 20 minute wait. I'm now back in a queue for 25 minutes with no answer... not sure if they're having problems with their phone lines but it is getting a bit ridiculous now. Do they not have a First Class or premium passenger customer service number to jump the queue?

After looking at some of the Dubai Government websites it seems that there may be a problem with the PCR testing as I've seen some today that Dubai are saying that you cannot use the same PCR test to enter Dubai that has been used to enter a different country. So it sounds like a PCR test would be needed LON - ZRH and then a second would be needed for ZRH - DXB. Which is obviously a problem now with such a short turn around. Or maybe not if they don't count transiting ZRH as entering a country... The person I got through to at Swiss earlier was helping me to navigate these rules before we got cut off.

Ugh... how frustrating!!

Last edited by BritInBrussels; Jan 4, 2022 at 6:44 am
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:52 am
Original Poster

So... I managed to get through to Swiss who confirmed the following (in case it's of interest to anyone):

- You can use a test from another country even if it is used to transit ZRH to go to DXB. Just as long as it is not older than 48 hours from when the sample is taken to when you arrive in DXB. I also managed to get through to the Dubai Immigration Authorities who confirmed this. So that's a weight off my mind. And naughty of Emirates to have that incorrect information on their website.

- The Swiss First Welcome Service will meet us at the plane when we arrive at ZRH from LHR. They will then take us by car from one place to another. So no need to worry about the limited transfer time.

I guess we'll just have to do the FCL A another time.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BritInBrussels
Do they not have a First Class or premium passenger customer service number to jump the queue?!!
Premium travel service number is. +41 (0) 445641011
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Premium travel service number is. +41 (0) 445641011
I just tried this and they said that as I'm not a Senator level member they cannot help me. Regardless of the fact that I'm in first.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just tried this and they said that as I'm not a Senator level member they cannot help me. Regardless of the fact that I'm in first.
Wow, that was unhelpful……. LX don’t seem to be interested in being premium at the moment…. You could try the LH First Class hotline, tell them your in F, LX changed your feeder flight & you cannot get hold of them…. +49 6986799444. It is the same group & they use the same reservation system.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:35 am

Crazy. Use the LH First hotline as Chris63 suggests. They’re great.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:37 am

So... I managed to get through to Swiss who confirmed the following (in case it's of interest to anyone):

- You can use a test from another country even if it is used to transit ZRH to go to DXB. Just as long as it is not older than 48 hours from when the sample is taken to when you arrive in DXB. I also managed to get through to the Dubai Immigration Authorities who confirmed this. So that's a weight off my mind. And naughty of Emirates to have that incorrect information on their website.

- The Swiss First Welcome Service will meet us at the plane when we arrive at ZRH from LHR. They will then take us by car from one place to another. So no need to worry about the limited transfer time.

I guess we'll just have to do the FCL A another time.
The first arrival service is great but they can’t fix a delay on your flight from London so keep that in mind.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYC1
The first arrival service is great but they can’t fix a delay on your flight from London so keep that in mind.
Exactly & they have limited resources, if there is a HON needing help or multiple late arrivals with DRT then it won’t happen.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:43 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Wow, that was unhelpful……. LX don’t seem to be interested in being premium at the moment…. You could try the LH First Class hotline, tell them your in F, LX changed your feeder flight & you cannot get hold of them…. +49 6986799444. It is the same group & they use the same reservation system.
LX never had an F hotline which I've always found very strange. The LH F hotline sometimes also refuses to touch LX tickets, although that was a while ago, not sure if that's still applicable today.
You can also write an email to
Spoiler

When I write to them I usually got an answer or a callback within a few hours or the next day at the latest.

Last edited by Nick Art; Jan 5, 2022 at 5:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.