Wiki Posts
Search

swiss.com website and booking engine update

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2021, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
swiss.com website and booking engine update

Looks like the www.swiss.com website has had an update.

Of course it means I can't login anymore.....
Old Mar 21, 2021, 7:16 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
no problem to log in for me...

seems just a visual overhaul...
Old Apr 11, 2021, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
There seems to be an issue booking openjaw bookings on the swiss website.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 12:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Swiss is scheduled to move over to a version of the LH & SN booking site this summer anyway...
Old Apr 12, 2021, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
ok thats why the issues. thanks
Old Apr 15, 2021, 2:18 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Swiss is scheduled to move over to a version of the LH & SN booking site this summer anyway...
Really? I was hoping it would be the other way around... I prefer the design and functionality of the Swiss website.

The date field that you can't type in and have to select from the drop down calendar, but you have to wait for the swiping animation whenever you want a different month... Infuriating. It just seems less user friendly...
Old Apr 16, 2021, 1:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The migration was announced in February: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...ne-2018-a.html
Old Apr 16, 2021, 2:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The migration was announced in February: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...ne-2018-a.html
Ah yes, I remember that... I must have missed where you mentioned they will be using the LH website as a template. Seems like a missed opportunity to actually improve the website...
Old Apr 16, 2021, 3:01 am

The booking UI is in developemnt with Amadeus since years... the version on OS & LX was initially meant for the LH Group but didn't pass the test.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The booking UI is in developemnt with Amadeus since years... the version on OS & LX was initially meant for the LH Group but didn't pass the test.
Now you have me confused. The OS and LX UI didn't make the cut, but apparently the LH one did?! Like the one they are using on the LH website right now? It's worse compared to LX in every single way...
Unless you are talking about an unpublished newer and better version in which case I'm looking forward to that :P
Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

I like the way the LH website always seems surprised when you enter the origin as e.g ZRH and it can't find it on the first go and highlights it in red with "please enter your origin and try again"

It's as if it was designed by somebody that had never used a computer before.
florens, BinSabai and Nick Art like this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 7:26 am
Original Poster

On the booking screen today, what have they done to the colors? It's like they turned down the color saturation dial on an old TV. Business should be blue.

Old Jun 2, 2021, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by bobhope2
On the booking screen today, what have they done to the colors? It's like they turned down the color saturation dial on an old TV. Business should be blue.

What's even weirder is the color Economy changes to whene you hover over it. Turns brown and it completely different in termsof the change in color to the shades of blue/red Business/First turn into when hovered over...
Old Jun 2, 2021, 12:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bobhope2

Aren't those the colours also used on the Menus? I think I've seen them and they are prt of the corporate color palette.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'm not sure when it changed, but the website has been refined a bit more and I must say I actually quite like it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.