Pet in cabin questions

Old Oct 15, 19, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer Gold
Pet in cabin questions

I have a couple of questions about travelling with my cats in cabin on Swiss 77W Business Class

Firstly, does anyone know if there is a limit of one booking on SIN-ZRH 77W flight in Business Class? I've called a couple of times and the agent seems to think not and proceeds to add a second PETC, yet when they try to book it the system (I guess?) says it is full. But I'm not sure if this is because I already have a PETC and it doesn't want two unknown-to-eachother pets in the same cabin? Otherwise we can take two cats in the one bag, though we would be absolutely at 8kg and they wouldn't have as much space as I would like.

Secondly where does the pet go for takeoff/landing in J? Does Swiss allow items in the area under the seat in front? We have been told we have to sit in 17D/G.

Lastly, does anyone have any practical experience of flying with cats (or dogs) on Swiss - transit at Zurich etc. Very little about it online
Old Oct 16, 19, 4:49 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LH Senator ** (ex SR TC G), Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by sammyg901 View Post
Lastly, does anyone have any practical experience of flying with cats (or dogs) on Swiss - transit at Zurich etc. Very little about it online
Yes I have two such experiences: Being allergic to cats, the animal and its owner were
- one time offloaded,
- another time seated all behind in Y. (both occurrences on SA airlines - wonder how LH group airlines would handle this))

I think it is unacceptable to bring animals in a cabin, if necessary for service animals there should be a designated space for this in the tail of the plane. Otherwise it is cargo, I understand that they are specialized in this and animals are treated well.
Old Oct 16, 19, 4:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Two animals in one bag < 8KG is allowed. The PETC (and AVIH) details are here: https://www.swiss.com/corporate/agentnews/faq

The pet carrier bag has to go under the seat in front of you. Swiss C seats have a cubby for that.

Prerequisites for transport in the cabin
- Pet pack: your pet must be kept in a clean, escape-proof, scratch-proof, soft-sided pack. (length + width + height = max. 118 cm)
- The pet must be kept completely inside the pet pack (including head and tail) throughout the flight.
- The pet must have enough room in the pet pack. It may not move about freely on board.
- The pet pack must remain stowed under your seat throughout the flight.
- The pet and pet pack together must not weigh more than 8 kilos.
- Your pet must be clean and healthy, not be dangerous, not smell, not be pregnant and not be a nuisance to other passengers.
- A valid veterinarian’s certificate and export/import document are required.
Old Oct 16, 19, 7:54 am

Programs: LH Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
I was in Swiss F a few years ago, and the only other couple in the cabin had a dog which was allowed out of its pack for all the flight apart from landing and takeoff.
Old Oct 16, 19, 8:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
I was in Swiss F a few years ago, and the only other couple in the cabin had a dog which was allowed out of its pack for all the flight apart from landing and takeoff.
Taking the pet out of the carrier can get you off loaded in LX: Flying dogs?!
Another story on Dogs in F: Warning: Dog in F JNB-ZRH on 18/9

The former LX booking system showed which seats were designated for PETC: OMG What is PET CABIN?
Old Oct 17, 19, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer Gold
As much as one of my cats would love free roam of a plane, 100s of people to pet her and some nice salmon from the FA, they will absolutely be staying in the carrier!

Thanks oliver2002 for helpful advice !

Search this Thread