FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pet in cabin [PETC] or Hold [AVIH] questions
Old Mar 6, 2020, 2:50 am
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rvlcr
thanks everyone. i ended up booking with air france who were much more responsive.

i wanted to add some color to some of the above comments i saw... i do see on their website that they allow ESAs but airlines are very strict about the documentation they require. i don’t forse swiss being an exception. in all my time flying, i’ve gathered it’s not as simple as showing up at the airport with your doctor’s letter and hopping on the plane.

for example, air france needed us to fill out a form, send them a letter from our doctor, get a health certificate from a vet (signed and stamped) as well as a copy of my dog’s pet passport. all of this to just get approved.

none of this is listed on the swiss website... and my gut says this would have all been necessary.
I think the LX website is very clear, and since ESA situations are very rare, it makes sense to ask you to contact the service centre for specific requirements. Of course you can’t just show up at the gate with a note from the doctor, that would be inconsiderate to pretty much everyone else on the flight. What were you expecting to force Swiss to do?