Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOM-ZRH Swiss Air. Aug 3, 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2020, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

BOM-ZRH Swiss Air. Aug 3, 2020

I am looking to fly out of BOM to ORD. I am seeing award availability on United operated by Swiss Air for Aug 3rd. Does anyone know if Swiss Air is carrying passengers out of India? Indian Govt. has banned International flights, but when I track LX155 (BOM-ZRH) I am seeing that Swiss Air is operational. Swiss Embassy in India says that the Swiss Govt. isn't operating any repatriation flights out of BOM. So, I am confused with these mixed messages. On one hand India has banned flights, OTOH, LX155 tracking shows that Swiss Air is flying out of BOM. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
International flights out of India are suspended. I checked FlightAware.com and LX155 did seem to operate 3 times this week. I can only think LX is using its slot as a cargo flight. Beware of booking a flight with Swiss (or any Lufthansa Group airline) since if the flight is cancelled you will have a long fight to get your money back.

If you want to fly to the USA, the Indian Government did announce an "Air Bubble" with the US starting tomorrow. This would not include LX flights though.
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/coro...morrow-2263943
Old Jul 18, 2020, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks. That's what I figured, that those LX flights are cargo flights.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 8:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A colleague just returned from BOM on one of these LH Group flights. The procedure is simple: you call the airline in BOM and ask to be put on these 'special' flights. They WL you and issue the ticket after a few days. The WL procedure is becuase of the insistence of the GoI to label these as 'repatriation' flights. The flight was packed with PIOs returning to the US, Canada and Europe.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

The airline customer service wasn't answering the phone. Embassy said that there were no repat flights. So finally when AI started new repatriation flights, I booked tickets on that. Thanks for your reply, though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.