Check bags overnight on connection to UA?

Old Jun 18, 19, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Check bags overnight on connection to UA?

I'm planning to book a C ticket TLV-ZRH-IAD, with the TLV-ZRH leg on Swiss and the ZRH-IAD leg on UA (possibly booked as an LX codeshare). I'd like the first leg to be the evening flight arriving at 19:15, with the connecting flight leaving the next day at 11:55 am.

Will LX let me check my bags through and transfer them to the UA flight the next day even though UA itself does not check bags through overnight? In this regard, does it make a difference whether I book the connecting flight as the LX codeshare?

Also, if I stay at the Raddisson Blu, by when should I plan to leave the hotel following morning if (1) I'm able to check bags through or (2) need to stop and check bags?
Old Jun 19, 19, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yonatan View Post
I'm planning to book a C ticket TLV-ZRH-IAD, with the TLV-ZRH leg on Swiss and the ZRH-IAD leg on UA (possibly booked as an LX codeshare). I'd like the first leg to be the evening flight arriving at 19:15, with the connecting flight leaving the next day at 11:55 am.

Will LX let me check my bags through and transfer them to the UA flight the next day even though UA itself does not check bags through overnight? In this regard, does it make a difference whether I book the connecting flight as the LX codeshare?

Also, if I stay at the Raddisson Blu, by when should I plan to leave the hotel following morning if (1) I'm able to check bags through or (2) need to stop and check bags?
LX (as well as the other LH group of carriers) have changed their policy for bag holding. Where it used to be <24H its now < 10H = you Will have to claim your bags and recheck them in the next morning. I got hit with this after Pesach.
Old Yesterday, 1:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Asia Miles
Originally Posted by craz View Post
LX (as well as the other LH group of carriers) have changed their policy for bag holding. Where it used to be <24H its now < 10H = you Will have to claim your bags and recheck them in the next morning. I got hit with this after Pesach.
I have a TK1911 arriving ZRH 22:15 from IST and am connecting to a LX to YUL at 12:50 next day. I originally intended to check thru the luggage and stay airside in transit hotel. From what you said here means I need to go through custom and claim my luggage which also mean am SOL with the transit hotel?