Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arriving on SQ F into ZRH, Connecting to LX Y - Lounge options.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA, A3, HH, SQ, EK, CX
Arriving on SQ F into ZRH, Connecting to LX Y - Lounge options.

Hopefully someone can help me out - I've tried looking on the swiss air website and forums but to no avail.

I am flying SQ suites class into ZRH and have a 4 hour transit, prior to flying LX economy from ZRH-AMS.
I am not a *A gold member.

Will I have access to any Swiss Air business/senator lounges on the basis that I arrived on a *A member first class flight ?

I do have a Priority Pass, and see that Swiss Air has a lounge.

Mainly want a shower and a comfortable place to wait.

Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: LH HON
IMHO you don't have access to any of the LX lounges (with one exception, see below):
- The arrivals lounge is for LX/LH passengers or M&M status card holders only.
- The FCL A and FCL E are for LX F passengers or HON only
- The SEN A and SEN B can only be entered by HON/SEN upon arrival
- The Business lounges can't be entered upon arrival

As for the Priority Pass lounges:
- only the Primeclass Lounge (E Gates) and the Swiss Business Lounge in D have showers
- I am not sure if you are allowed to enter because the Primeclass Lounge is for Non-Schengen departures only (ZRH-AMS doesn't qualify)
- No idea what the rules are for LX Business Class Lounge in D
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:30 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Even in Singapore SQ give you nothing on arrival.

All depends on your next flight and the boarding pass you hold. As you're not a *G and in Y you will have no lounge access.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:27 am

If you arrive on SQ you will have no problem to go to Swiss non Schemen Lounge in D. It's a good lounge. Not so busy. Showers. Nice views. I think they still take priority pass.

Just don't exit into Schengen area until you are ready to leave the Lounge and go to your LX gate. Follow signs for D gates.
I think it's better than any other priority pass lounge and will tick the boxes.
ozguytim likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
As of 2 weeks ago, the Swiss Lounges in D gates accepted Priority Pass - it will get you into the Business side of the lounge (not Senator).
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Agree with Swiss D lounge. Go there directly from the E gates and enter Schengen from the D-gates. Will be a bit of extra hassle, but the Swiss D-lounge is nicer than the other PP lounges in ZRH and with 4 hrs it is worth it IMO.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.