Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome service in F at arrival in ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by diddy
Perfect. Thank you for the responses. I'm happy to hear that I will be as expected arriving in Terminal E on AC and departing Terminal E on LX and that here is no need for Welcome Service - arriving "clean" with no passport or security check. (My LH was a typing mistake).

My recommendation to any SWISS lurker would be to post a First Class call in number to arrange Welcome Services in advance if needed.

diddy
The Lurkers here have given up lurking for some time now

All F arriving pax receive the welcome service automatically at ZRH.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:35 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Perfect. Thank you for the responses. I'm happy to hear that I will be as expected arriving in Terminal E on AC and departing Terminal E on LX and that here is no need for Welcome Service - arriving "clean" with no passport or security check. (My LH was a typing mistake).

My recommendation to any SWISS lurker would be to post a First Class call in number to arrange Welcome Services in advance if needed.

diddy
You're welcome, but I still think you don't quite exactly get what the Swiss First Class Welcome Service is... It's nothing you can or even need to arrange in advance as it will be available automatically to every First Class Arriving Passenger at the plane and you can at the door of the plane decided to take it or leave it... And as mentioned you only get it on LX as a First Class arriving passenger!
(on AC in J you do not count as F Class pax even if you connect to an LX F flight!)
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by shipsmail
LX HON service replied to me in that matter: LX (Geschäftsleitung) rules do not allow to take family members travelling in C with the F-arrival service, even if there is space. In case myself and my wife would have been the only guests in F on this flight, then they would have allowed to take the other three in the F-service van, but not if other guests were in F. As only the two were on board the van finally, quite strange, but I have to accept it.
I knew from the beginning that this kind of restrictions would cause some kind of trouble, as they have excluded the HONs travelling in C. The lounge people and drivers told me from the beginning that they do not like this situation. As others here on this forum have said, this is a new kind of differentiation between HONs in general and F-pax. The same situation is for the F-arrival service in MUC when arriving on an A380.
This is good to know, so they will allow you to take guests when nobody else would see it, and nobody else is sitting in F, which is basically never.

I wonder if they could track arriving HON and F Class pax and based on that supply the amount of Vans or limousines needed for the arrival service. (There would still need to be a limit on guests you can take as you can't have every F pax and HON take his whole family of 4 or more, maybe make it similar to the FCL access rules?) Currently I think they have no such system in place for the welcome service as one Van will always be there and it will always offer enough space for all F pax, which imo is a possible reason why they exculded HONs from the service in the first place. Introducing such a system might be difficult but certainly possible imo, but since you can't know how many guests every F or HON will take it'd be a logistical nightmare, so I kinda see the reason why LX restricted it to F pax only.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Currently I think they have no such system in place for the welcome service as one Van will always be there and it will always offer enough space for all F pax, which imo is a possible reason why they exculded HONs from the service in the first place. Introducing such a system might be difficult but certainly possible imo, but since you can't know how many guests every F or HON will take it'd be a logistical nightmare, so I kinda see the reason why LX restricted it to F pax only.
Last Monday morning (LX139), there were two Swiss employees with their yellow vests waiting in the jetway. One had the key to the van, the other drove a S class. I couldn't hear what they discussed but the dude in the limousine left without loading any passengers (all F pax rode the van). Dunno why the limo driver was even there but apparently it is possible sending two rides to the same plane.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zara
Last Monday morning (LX139), there were two Swiss employees with their yellow vests waiting in the jetway. One had the key to the van, the other drove a S class. I couldn't hear what they discussed but the dude in the limousine left without loading any passengers (all F pax rode the van). Dunno why the limo driver was even there but apparently it is possible sending two rides to the same plane.
Frankly, how very LX

LH & full credit to them for this, monitor all F & HON arrivals & know the onward or arrival info well in advance
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, 2MM
It would be a great and logical extension for LX to provide (1) Welcome Service for those connecting in ZRH from a non-LX flight to an LX F flight. Not a lot of work there from the terminal arrival stage on (and by this I mean not going to the level of providing a limo pickup at the jetway but just terminal change / clearances assistance) and (2) a number to call with your paid F reservation to arrange services from a frequent outbound non-ZRH station such as JFK etc. so you could arrange an airport transfer. Maybe just wishful thunking for next level service, appreciating that the LX F experience has been seriously upgraded in general over the last two years to better compete with the ground services provided on other F class carriers.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It would be a great and logical extension for LX to provide (1) Welcome Service for those connecting in ZRH from a non-LX flight to an LX F flight. Not a lot of work there from the terminal arrival stage on (and by this I mean not going to the level of providing a limo pickup at the jetway but just terminal change / clearances assistance) and (2) a number to call with your paid F reservation to arrange services from a frequent outbound non-ZRH station such as JFK etc. so you could arrange an airport transfer. Maybe just wishful thunking for next level service, appreciating that the LX F experience has been seriously upgraded in general over the last two years to better compete with the ground services provided on other F class carriers.
LX only recently added the arrival service, highly doubt they will add anything else & especially not arrivals from another carrier....

Does any airline F have an arrival service for pax connecting from another carrier ?
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
Does any airline F have an arrival service for pax connecting from another carrier ?
Would TG at BKK count, as they pick you up when arriving on LH F and drive you with a buggy to the TG FCL?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber

Would TG at BKK count, as they pick you up when arriving on LH F and drive you with a buggy to the TG FCL?
Hardly, you were on one ticket & F to F , also doubt it was TG that picked you up, more likely from my experience it was LH F arrival service
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:06 am

Hardly, you were on one ticket & F to F , also doubt it was TG that picked you up, more likely from my experience it was LH F arrival service
I think her uniform said TG and she took me through transfer security and into the TG lounge; could be that they do the arrival service for LH. Maybe a combination of LH arrival service and TG F service.

Worked very well though.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

1.) No it wouldn‘t. The Welcome service is really only practical if you end your flight in Zurich or connect to a european flight. And frankly I think pax arriving on another carrier are very far down on the priority list for this service, especially when flying on a separate ticket. First I‘d rather see the arrival service extended for HONs (and a +2 maybe, ie. One S-Class per HON?) so that they will be happy again. Furthermore before I can a non LX pick up service happen, Swiss would introduce a free limo transfer to Zurich...
2.) There is such a number. And an email. However, if you mean arrange a limo transfer to or from the airport this is only available in if your booked F flight starts from London, Scandinavia, Dubai or Italy and then only in those areas.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber

I think her uniform said TG and she took me through transfer security and into the TG lounge; could be that they do the arrival service for LH. Maybe a combination of LH arrival service and TG F service.

Worked very well though.
LH & TG both use contract workers for arrival & departure service, F & HON service at BKK for arrival, departure & transfer has always been superb.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art

2.) There is such a number. And an email. However, if you mean arrange a limo transfer to or from the airport this is only available in if your booked F flight starts from London, Scandinavia, Dubai or Italy and then only in those areas.
All UK airports served by LX & LH qualify for the First Class limousine service.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:45 am

LH & TG both use contract workers for arrival & departure service, F & HON service at BKK for arrival, departure & transfer has always been superb.
And I was impressed how seamless it was. Probably the best part of my TG experience.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
I was picked up a few years ago in BKK on a KLM arrival (from Taiwan) connecting with LH to FRA. KLM purser was not so amused when she came to my seat before landing with a telex message saying "You are connecting with LH? You will be picked up at the gate..."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.