Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more E to A shuttle for GVA HON in C/Y.

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
No more E to A shuttle for GVA HON in C/Y.

Just in from LX core customer care. Disappointed but not unexpected. Not a word about A to E though, this is only E connecting to GVA for HON in C/Y. Now this is enhanced and GVA-bound HON no longer receive special treatment, I guess it is too difficult to let the F pax wait for the HON in the back...

As of 3 July, 2018 we will offer a new SWISS First Welcome Service in Zurich. Guests of SWISS First who have a connecting flight will be driven to a separate security and passport control with direct access to the new SWISS First Lounge A. SWISS First guests who’s journey ends in Zurich can enjoy the short and comfortable drive to the baggage claim area.

In order to secure this SWISS First Welcome Service in Zurich, we have decided for infrastructural reasons starting from July 3, 2018 not to offer a shuttle service to the SWISS First Lounge A or to connecting flights to Geneva for HON Circle members arriving on a long haul flight in Zurich and traveling in Business or Economy Class. HON members will continue to be driven from the SWISS First lounge A to the aircraft parked at remote positions irrelevant of the class of travel.

We are aware that this decision will result in a reduction to the service previously offered for HON Circle members continuing to Geneva. We will however regularly assess if we are in a position to offer this service in addition to the SWISS First Arrival Service. We ask for your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience we might cause you.

Old May 31, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: LH HON
While I appreciate this new SWISS First Arrival service, I am curious to see, what happens at arrival with family being some in F and some in C. Maybe one F pax can guest another pax arriving in C? At least in FRA (LH) you can guest another pax arriving with you at an apron position for the limo.
Old May 31, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Why should a HON be transferred with a shuttle from E to A/B, whilst the rest of the connecting people walk from aircraft a to b... Such shuttles are unnecessary as even if they would longer exist, the HON has to wait in the aircraft to GVA until the rest of the connecting passengers made their way to the aircraft by their own...
Old May 31, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Why should a HON be transferred with a shuttle from E to A/B, whilst the rest of the connecting people walk from aircraft a to b... Such shuttles are unnecessary as even if they would longer exist, the HON has to wait in the aircraft to GVA until the rest of the connecting passengers made their way to the aircraft by their own...
Instead of having to schlepp your way from E to A, you are driven directly to FCL A and can wait until your time comes in full comfort.

Yes, I can see why HON like it.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: LXFF
But I can undertand how they would favor F pax in this situation.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Sounds like they will take all F pax to the FCL in A. Hope E is still an option for longer layovers, even if the connection leaves from A or D.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Sounds like they will take all F pax to the FCL in A. Hope E is still an option for longer layovers, even if the connection leaves from A or D.
You can always just decide to ignore their service and head for the E lounge when arriving in E gates. They won't force you into the van, fairly sure about that
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
You can always just decide to ignore their service and head for the E lounge when arriving in E gates. They won't force you into the van, fairly sure about that
Yes, not known them to use force.... yet....
but that would leave you with potentially not nice inbound transit security, so take the transfer to A & ask to go back to E quick sticks
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Absolutely, or even for not so long layovers
Old Jun 2, 2018, 1:31 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by MichielR
HON no longer receive special treatment, I guess it is too difficult to let the F pax wait for the HON in the back...
In the thinking of LX a "real" HON is not supposed to be in the back :-). On a more serious note, FFP status due to discrepancies among members of alliances are loosing more and more perks towards the outcome that "you get what you paid for" and status becomes irrelevant.

Baggage allowance for light fares has been a start, lounge access will come next.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by behuman
In the thinking of LX a "real" HON is not supposed to be in the back :-). On a more serious note, FFP status due to discrepancies among members of alliances are loosing more and more perks towards the outcome that "you get what you paid for" and status becomes irrelevant.

Baggage allowance for light fares has been a start, lounge access will come next.
HON’s for certain are not often in the back, no HON miles in Y class & this new enhancement includes J pax inbound from GVA which is HCS.....

But agree with you that FFP Status is being continually degraded
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
That‘s good.

Was just wondering whether they would also drive you to the E lounge, although it is usually not worth it. On an arrival in MUC recently, we could pick between lounge in the satellite, lounge in the main terminal or exit.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by behuman
Baggage allowance is a nice perk, but in real life the new mode won’t hit most travelers too hard. Taking away lounge access would be a completely different story and will lead to the losing a lot of my business. Please note this, lurkers.

EW has already lost virtually all of my business as per the “no lounge access on basic fares” policy. (and some other issues)
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Baggage allowance is a nice perk, but in real life the new mode won’t hit most travelers too hard. Taking away lounge access would be a completely different story and will lead to the losing a lot of my business. Please note this, lurkers.
I do dislike it quite a bit, and being ST E+, ST is preferred even where lounges are irrelevant (AMS I have Privium, KSC lounge is not really worth consideration, and connections inbetween are short).

I still may end up more often without a bag as with a bag, but the freedom of knowing that I don't have to decide in advance whether I will be taking one is worth a consideration. If it wasn't for LOT, which also happens to be quite practical for my flying needs, which still offers this perk, I wouldn't even bother with FTL/*G
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: LX SEN
Very cheap move considering the revenue generated from those passengers. I suspect that there are few HONs remaining in GVA, hence the decision. This is a further sign that LX is withdrawing even more from the French speaking part of Switzerland. This decision follows the no more free drinks policy from GVA. In addition, the appalling state of the SEN lounge in GVA shows the LX is not willing to invest into this market.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.