Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear SWISS Lurker Constructive criticism of new First Lounge in A

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by vantage03
Where is the entrance to the lounge from airside? I need to use it today when connecting for the first time.
Just follow the signs to the FCL and you will find a door between two stores that leads to a hallway that reminded me of the long white hallways you need to use to access the restrooms in American malls. Above the door there is a sign for FCL and emergency exit. The hallway looks more like the latter.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Just follow the signs to the FCL and you will find a door between two stores that leads to a hallway that reminded me of the long white hallways you need to use to access the restrooms in American malls. Above the door there is a sign for FCL and emergency exit. The hallway looks more like the latter.
& look very carefully it’s well hidden
Old Jul 7, 2018, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by chris63
& look very carefully it’s well hidden
A good rule to go by is probably: once you think this cannot be the way to a FCL, you are almost guaranteed to be in the right place.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A good rule to go by is probably: once you think this cannot be the way to a FCL, you are almost guaranteed to be in the right place.
Yes, that’s exactly it.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:32 am

Well, the lounge staff seem to know. When checking in at the FCL A welcome desks during my last visit, the agent suggested to go to E “as there is a nice facility there” right away and offered to find a driver to take us there immediately.
This happened to us too, but we got told that the next available driver is in about 30 minutes so we should wait within the lounge. The transfer itself took its time. Walking up the corridor, waiting for other passenger, getting down to the mini van, passing passport control ... driving across the air field ... walking takes pretty much the same time.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:46 am

When I was the first time to a Swiss FCL we arrived in A and later were transferred to E. I took a quick fruit and yogurt sitting down at the tables. While the items were lovely arranged with the wooden tablets I felt that the dining area/tables are quite dense. It feels like you are sitting closer to the person on the tables beside you then to your partner in front of you at the same table. Do you have the same impression?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by JohnDoe098
When I was the first time to a Swiss FCL we arrived in A and later were transferred to E. I took a quick fruit and yogurt sitting down at the tables. While the items were lovely arranged with the wooden tablets I felt that the dining area/tables are quite dense. It feels like you are sitting closer to the person on the tables beside you then to your partner in front of you at the same table. Do you have the same impression?
The reason why you have that impression is because you *do* sit closer to the person next to you than to your partner in front of you.

The lounge *is* crowded.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by JohnDoe098
This happened to us too, but we got told that the next available driver is in about 30 minutes so we should wait within the lounge. The transfer itself took its time. Walking up the corridor, waiting for other passenger, getting down to the mini van, passing passport control ... driving across the air field ... walking takes pretty much the same time.
During certain times of the day with long lines at the regular passport control, the transfer between the lounges can be faster (and more pleasant, of course), but there are also times when it takes me less than fifteen minutes to walk, get my passport checked downstairs and riding the Heidi train to E.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat

Didn’t have to look in the end, got driven due to incoming flight delay.. so I’ll have to look for the toilet corridor next time
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Found the lounge yesterday, thanks to this advice :-) really damn well hidden.
andywaw likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:23 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Good morning everybody,

From what I have learned reading through all these posts, a reminder to the Lounge Team on the noise situation is necessary, isnt it?

Very best,
Franziska
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by SwissInternationalAirLines
Good morning everybody,

From what I have learned reading through all these posts, a reminder to the Lounge Team on the noise situation is necessary, isnt it?

Very best,
Franziska
Thanks Franziska for taking the time to check in.

Yes, something needs to be done about the noise. Even when the lounge is not very full (2-3 pax) it has this « intrinsic commotion and noise » from conversations that can be heard from everywhere, the bar, the espresso machine, etc.

If something was done about the working cubicles, that would be truly beneficial. The way they are now - open and exposed to all surrounding noise - they do not fulfill their purpose of being private and quiet spaces for work, concentration and private (phone) conversations.

Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the A lounge from 17.00 to 18.00 today, no internet

I don’t recall a FCL Without functioning internet, it’s 2018,
Lounge Dragon said it’s not been working properly for 2 days...

Noise from The Restaurant was ridiculous, coming to the conclusion the acoustics are awful to go with the rest of the lounge issues....
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Hi Franziska,

Perhaps a small point of criticism:

I do enjoy the availability of the cigar lounge but the air filter could use a tune up. Not sure if it is a matter of cranking it up, but if that would be possible it would certainly be more pleasant. It's more or less OK when I'm sitting there on my own but once more than 2 pax join in it gets a bit uncomfortable.

Thanks in advance for checking!
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:16 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Noted and passed on to the Lounge Team.

Enjoy your weekend,
Franziska
The Wolf likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.