Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more free food & drinks Ex-GVA starting spring 2018 & Ex-ZRH starting spring 2021

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 1:46 am

Or it could just be for the shortest hops where already no snack was offered?
Old May 3, 2019, 1:56 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
For the short flights (ZRH-GVA, ZRH-MUC) in Business I really liked the food we received which tbh is better than the saveurs offering. If there will only be the saveurs stuff now without the food we used to have in J this is a terrible downgrade as the saveurs offerings are most of the time terribly executed (no proactive offering, sandwich just gets thrown at you and how dare you ask for your free food or more than one thing). If it’s well done (proactively offering the food in the basket, serving them unpacked on a plate with cutlery etc.) it’s decent, but the food we used to? get on the short flights was definitely better.
Old May 3, 2019, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by olivier
I just used the LX homepage to book a flight ZRH-MXP and saw that the fare overview now mentions "1 Bottle of water" for the Y fares and "SWISS Saveurs" for C fares. Is this an indication that the food concept applied for flights ex GVA will soon be implemented for ZRH flights? I have not seen any official statement, yet.
This is the normal service provision for the shortest flights, e.g. ZRH-MXP. I take this flight regularly and it is always a bottle of water and a chocolate
Old May 3, 2019, 2:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just checked some flights:

ZRH-MUC: (1 hour)

ZRH-MUC: (55 min)

ZRH-GVA: (50 min)

I am 100% certain on the ZRH-GVA leg it used to say food and beverages!
Old May 8, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: LH*S
Good morning.
Anyone has some info about a change in the Business catering out of GVA (Europe)?
Some weeks (months?) ago, in a 2 hour flight, the maitre de cabine told me that she had been told that they would go back to a hot meal in business... in May.
I flew business this week (May 6th) and I still had the flavours thing. Which is not bad. I am just a bit tired of combining the cold cuts + almonds with whatever hasn't got cheese nor chicken...
Regards
pedrin
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Does this BoB policy from GVA still exist? I have had reports from friends, who did not know about it and are not frequent flyers, saying that they enjoyed the service and sort of raving how good it was. This was on the GVA-LHR route and one other I can't remember. I don't book Swiss any more so I have no ongoing experience.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
It is really confusing. I had now several flights (GVA - MUC, GVA - LCY) where they served a meager sandwich and drinks to everyone, without a possibility to buy food. Only on the return leg LCY - GVA, they announced BoB, and it seemed as if they look on their iPad to whom they give the sandwich. Given I switched my place from middle to window seat, the lady that passed with the water gave me a plastic cup (since I had the lowly saver tariff), but the following lady with the sandwiches for classic seemed to be confused and still gave me a sandwich. And then came the BoB cart.
What a mess...
Old Sep 20, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: BA GGL
Well just to inform you that business class catering are now back on on european flights out of Geneva and no more « saveurs » anymore.

Had a nice tray this morning with a tomatoes pie and some cottage cheese, a museli some bread croissants etc..... was not huge in quantities but quality was there.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 6:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by alexduport
Well just to inform you that business class catering are now back on on european flights out of Geneva and no more « saveurs » anymore.

Had a nice tray this morning with a tomatoes pie and some cottage cheese, a museli some bread croissants etc..... was not huge in quantities but quality was there.
Interesting, has the saveurs been enhanced away in all classes or did they just start to offer actual meals in Business Class again (additionally to the choice of everything from the saveurs menu?)
Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Interesting, has the saveurs been enhanced away in all classes or did they just start to offer actual meals in Business Class again (additionally to the choice of everything from the saveurs menu?)
No more saveur service in business class, that is only provided in Economy class. Business class now get a tray also provided by Globus.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by alexduport
No more saveur service in business class, that is only provided in Economy class. Business class now get a tray also provided by Globus.
But you couldn’t ask for anything from the saveurs menu anymore?
So if I wanted a Carac as dessert I wouldn’t get that anymore?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by Nick Art

I just checked some flights:

ZRH-MUC: (1 hour)

ZRH-MUC: (55 min)

ZRH-GVA: (50 min)

I am 100% certain on the ZRH-GVA leg it used to say food and beverages!

I flew GVA-MUC yesterday in Y. When I asked for a black coffee, I was told that I would only get a bottle of water, as the flight was under 60 min (the schedule sets it at 70 min).

Odd to see that ZRH-MUC pax get a snack and not GVA-MUC pax, although the GVA-MUC flight is longer than the ZRH-MUC flight.

On another note, considering the price of my fare (over CHF 700), LX/LH cost cutting endavours piss me off.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 3:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN (*G), BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Question: I am flying Geneva - Moscow in Business in a couple of weeks and was wondering whether anyone has an idea of what I can expect in terms of catering? It is a morning flight.

Also, have the A220 been fitted with dividers/curtains by now? Last time I have been on one they only had some rather meaningless signs separating economy and business.

Many thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.