Search

Award strategy return from HAV in Feb 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
Award strategy return from HAV in Feb 2019

Hi there,
I would like to redeem miles for a LUX-XXX-HAV and back in J in February 2019 (as SEN).
I secured the outbound on OS023 on Feb12 in J and now trying to work out the inbound around the 21/22th Feb 2019 and investigated the possibilities but as I am close to the various award release date and due to the scarcity of award in J I need a bit of advice.
1. OS return not an option (only fly on Tue)
2. WK: when are those guys releasing award space (do not know if even possible with no precise answer from SEN line)?
3. CM/LH via PTY: A340 with small J cabin (18) so not a lot of space and I would need the leg HAV-PTY on CM (COPA) but they seem to release award space much later (but possibility to see the canal).
4. With United via IAH (timetable not good: 20 hour layover) and united seem to release space much later as well
5. With United via EWR (too short in J from EWR...)
6. CM/LH via SJO but I think I am only allowed 3 segments in a 2 zone award (HAV-PTY-SJO-FRA-LUX). Bigger 30 seats in A340-300 in J and better availabilities
7. TK also possible with a long detour via CRS (Caracas)

Any advice on how to work this out?
Kindest regards
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:35 am

4, 5, 7 would require a significant upcharge because you'd be connecting in a third region.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Lack
4, 5, 7 would require a significant upcharge because you'd be connecting in a third region.
Thanks Lack.
Damn I forgot that nasty beast...
Although 7 is sold as direct by TK I think but it would be the longest route outside the IAH one.
It reduces my options
Old Feb 24, 2018, 5:09 am

If it's a same flight number then that should fly under the third region rule. And TK product is quite nice, so it's not the worst idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.