Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Lounge in A [opened 05MAR2018]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by daumueller
why would I want to make an extra stop if the Lounge can take care of everything?
I see your point, but don‘t think the lounge is designed to do this. They would probably have to hand-carry your luggage to somewhere connected to the luggage system.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by worldclubber

I see your point, but don‘t think the lounge is designed to do this. They would probably have to hand-carry your luggage to somewhere connected to the luggage system.
so kind of does the First Class checkin next to the door. I’ll figure it out end of the month when I’ll be departing ZRH with luggage.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:52 am

so kind of does the First Class checkin next to the door. I’ll figure it out end of the month when I’ll be departing ZRH with luggage.
Please do so and let us know.

I did not try when I was there last week and next time I will be there (a week and a half) will be a same-day connection, so no need to check in luggage in ZRH.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by LukasNied
thanks for the information. I have a quick, practical question: is there still a First Class check-in area near the door or you have to proceed with luggage up the lounge podium?
you can use either.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn
Spent two hours in the new Swiss First Class lounge in Terminal A today, arriving from an intercontinental flight in E, taking the Heidi train to A and walking to the lounge.

In summary, I was disappointed.

The lounge appears small in comparison to the old lounge. There are no windows to the outside, only inside to the area bellow between the pharmacy and entrance to the security checks of terminal 1. It is dominated by the bar in the center, with constant emissions of the sound of the espresso machine. The small booths for making calls in private are open on the top and one is permanently disturbed by the sound from the espresso machines, bottles and china from the bar and the open kitchen area. Impossible to make calls on private or concentrate. The lack of complete enclosure of the booths is a complete design failure.

The toilets and bathrooms are also small in comparison to the toilets in the first lounges in Frankfurt.
Unfortunately I am already missing the old First Class Lounge.
My recommendation, when connecting to/from an intercontinental flight, go to the E lounges.
Great , great improvement if you are ZRH based. Separate security check 👏👏 , well overdue. smoking lounge🍾🍾.
I agree , a bit noisy from the bar , but take that any day over people babbling away on their cellphones 😁.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K/AF Plat/Marriott Titanium/Hertz PC (who isn't?)/National Exec Elite/CFA Signature
Still confused...

Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn
Spent two hours in the new Swiss First Class lounge in Terminal A today, arriving from an intercontinental flight in E, taking the Heidi train to A and walking to the lounge.

My recommendation, when connecting to/from an intercontinental flight, go to the E lounges.
Can you do that though? As in, do you get to pick?
My wife and I are flying ORD-ZRH-CDG and back this weekend, so I have been researching what's going to happen when we get to ZRH, but I must say I'm still confused.
- we do *not* have short layovers (2 hours or so both ways), so we have no hope of limo rides other than if any one of our 4 segments is at a remote stand, correct?
- if we do get picked up on arrival, can we tell the driver we'd rather go to E than A? I guess for the return to ORD that's where they would take us anyway, but what about on arrival from ORD with the later connection to CDG?
- if we do make it into E on arrival from ORD, does that mean we have a longer process ahead of us (i.e. clear immigration/security again) once we exit the lounge to make our way to our gate to CDG?

Any clarity the LX experts can bring is appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Assuming you do not get a car transfer:

You will be offloaded in E terminal. At that point you can visit the E lounge.
You will then have to enter the Schengen area, at which point you can visit the A lounge.

I don't know how limo transfers work in ZRH so I can't comment on that, but this should be valid for jetway positions.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K/AF Plat/Marriott Titanium/Hertz PC (who isn't?)/National Exec Elite/CFA Signature
Thanks for the reply Fabo.sk.

I did some more research and it looks like it's a decision between the better E lounge and the peace of mind of having already cleared into Schengen and then hanging out at the A lounge. So I think we'll do A on the outbound since we get to experience E on the return anyway.

Thanks again!
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Gate45

I did some more research and it looks like it's a decision between the better E lounge and the peace of mind of having already cleared into Schengen and then hanging out at the A lounge. So I think we'll do A on the outbound since we get to experience E on the return anyway.
Yes, that’s the best thing to do, head to A lounge on arrival in ZRH, your gate to CDG should be close.
On the way back head to A lounge & they will drive you to the E lounge.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by seat 1a

Great , great improvement if you are ZRH based. Separate security check 👏👏 , well overdue. smoking lounge🍾🍾.
I agree , a bit noisy from the bar , but take that any day over people babbling away on their cellphones 😁.
but the Lounge would also be able to take my luggage, right?
It says so on the Swiss website (new Lounge in A, First Lounge): "Check your baggage at the SWISS First Check-in Lounge or the welcome desk"
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: LH HON
Ok, tried today - bag checkin is still downstairs only
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:16 am

Ok, tried today - bag checkin is still downstairs only
That’s what it had looked like to me.

Spend an an hour at the lounge last week and was not impressed. Will probably use the lounge in E whenever I can.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:17 am

Deleted (duplicate post)

Last edited by worldclubber; Apr 1, 2018 at 4:26 am
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: MM FTL
I have read a lot about the new F lounge and seen photos but I am still wondering how one gets from the lounge to the private passport control and limo. the old lounge was just above and the elevator took you straight down. I will have the opportunity to find out myself in a few weeks but I am curious to know already now
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Charly61
I have read a lot about the new F lounge and seen photos but I am still wondering how one gets from the lounge to the private passport control and limo. the old lounge was just above and the elevator took you straight down. I will have the opportunity to find out myself in a few weeks but I am curious to know already now
There is a (long) corridor that leads past the old SEN upstairs floor to the old reception area where you take the same elevator as before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.