Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie Question meal times on LX67 MIA-ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

meal times on LX67 MIA-ZRH

Hello,
This flight departs around 4:55PM local time. What will the timing be for meals? My hope / assumption is that it is dinner within 90 minutes of takeoff, then breakfast at some point within 90 min of landing. is there any more precise info out there, to help plan sleep?

thanks

edit- sorry i am referring to business class
thanks
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: 1K, Senator
Originally Posted by dj903jd
Hello,
This flight departs around 4:55PM local time. What will the timing be for meals? My hope / assumption is that it is dinner within 90 minutes of takeoff, then breakfast at some point within 90 min of landing. is there any more precise info out there, to help plan sleep?

thanks

edit- sorry i am referring to business class
thanks
I take this route about every 10 days....

90 minutes from takeoff and landing is about right unless turbulence delays the service. It's generally about an 8hr and 30 minute flight, although my last flight out had such strong tail winds that we got there in 7hrs and 50 minutes (bumpy as hell!). I would plan for around 4 - 4.5 hrs of sleep with full dinner service and breakfast.

If you're really eager to get to bed quickly, you can choose for the quick meal, and they will skip the whole service and immediately bring you some soup, salad, and cured meats and cheeses in one shot. That might buy you an hour. You can then steal another 30 minutes by choosing not to be woken up for breakfast, not missing much there IMO. Doing all of this might give you 6 hrs of sleep, assuming you're able to fall right to sleep at 6pm. Might be helpful to get a solo seat in A or K (assuming you're on the A333) to avoid the commotion of service.

Good luck!
Old Dec 23, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
The breakfast is on those cards and you can get it up to about an hour before landing, when you sort of want to get up anyway.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:25 pm

My suggestion on such timing is to not try to rush your body to sleep (unless you're not originating in that timezone) which would mean a slow dinner, maybe a few glasses of wine, some cheese, and watch a movie or two (not that LX does have a great IFE choice, but if you're not flying with them often, you probably find some interesting movies) before trying to sleep like 8-9pm local departure time (once you're actually tired)

I'd skip breakfast in the plane, and use that time instead for more sleep when your body clock actually feels it's deep night - and head to the arrival lounge in ZRH instead after landing. Better food than in C (I'd say) and you can combine it with a refreshing shower

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.