Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Late for flight what are my options

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Late for flight what are my options

Connecting from non Star airline to LX Business in LHR. Very short connection, but doable per LHR website. If im late for my LX flight, what will LX do? Ticket is the Saver Business so no changes allowed officially.

1. Make passenger buy brand new ticket, will the existing ticket completely lose value then?

2. Accommodate on the next flight at no charge, will they consider putting passenger on LH instead of LH?

3. Accommodate on the next flight with a charge (upfare and a fee of some sort), same as above, will they accommodate on LX metal only or flexible LX LH SN OS?

Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Is it one ticket or separate tickets?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
LHR is notorious for slow connections and offloading you if you do not meet "compliance" times. I'd try to get an earlier flight into LHR if there are any questions.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Assuming that you will have two separate tickets, the answer for the missed LX flight will be 1). Please mind at LHR, there are no LX staff working, everything is done by handling agents and those will follow the rules from the airlines strictly.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
This sounds like two separate tickets so there is no connection and the LHR MCT are completely irrelevant. You will be classed as a no-show and the entirety of the LX ticket will be cancelled. It will be up to you whether to abandon the trip or to buy a new ticket at walk-up prices.

Last edited by LondonElite; Aug 3, 2017 at 4:34 pm
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Assuming that you will have two separate tickets, the answer for the missed LX flight will be 1). Please mind at LHR, there are no LX staff working, everything is done by handling agents and those will follow the rules from the airlines strictly.
Thank you all for thoughtful comments.

Yes, two separate tickets so it sounds like I should be prepared to buy a new ticket without recourse, which is what I thought anyway. In the States they would just put me on the next available flight, particularly if one has a discounted Business ticket, but this is not the States, so I understand its different. Do I understand LX has no waivers no waivers rule across the board? It sounds like even if they didnt, since its outsourced staff Im on my own in that instance.

Unfortunately I really cant get there on an earlier flight so Im looking at AY as my next best option in case of misconnect. Either way, now I have set my expectations.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:28 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by asnovici
Thank you all for thoughtful comments.

Yes, two separate tickets so it sounds like I should be prepared to buy a new ticket without recourse, which is what I thought anyway. In the States they would just put me on the next available flight, particularly if one has a discounted Business ticket, but this is not the States, so I understand its different. Do I understand LX has no waivers no waivers rule across the board? It sounds like even if they didnt, since its outsourced staff Im on my own in that instance.

Unfortunately I really cant get there on an earlier flight so Im looking at AY as my next best option in case of misconnect. Either way, now I have set my expectations.
No if you miss the flight LX is inflexible, heck even with schedule changes they are notoriously annoying.

How much time do you have to connect in LHR and on what airline/flight are you arriving on ?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GVA
No if you miss the flight LX is inflexible, heck even with schedule changes they are notoriously annoying.

How much time do you have to connect in LHR and on what airline/flight are you arriving on ?
Delta and 1hour 20min
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by asnovici
Delta and 1hour 20min
T4 to T2 . . . I see you're a gambler! Good luck.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:36 am

Delta is now at T3 (I think) so it's not as impossible as T4 to T2. As long as you are travelling hand luggage only (or your bag is checked all the way through), and the Delta flight is on time then should be possible.

You can check the specific connection here:
http://www.heathrow.com/flight-connections

You can also check if your DL flight is likely to be ontime at the below website:

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...irportCode=LHR
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
T3 > T2 transit (w/o getting bags and re-check them) is 1h15m...

So if flights were on time, its doable. The connecting terminal busses @ LHR were quite reliable and fast! Just make sure, that DL will through check your baggage if you have any checked-in! Upon arrival follow the signs "Transit" T2.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Most likely the OP will make that connection. It is certainly doable.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Except there's no connection!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
haha, I will rephrase: Most likely the OP will make it to the next (but separate) flight on LX.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
I can confirm that the handling agents contracted by LX at LHR are indeed inflexible. The letter of the law is applied.

Good luck OP, not a routing/timing combination I would attempt personally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.