HB-JMI : 07MAR19 - 25APR19
HB-JMC : 26APR19 - 18JUN19
HB-JMB : 11DEC19 - 20JAN 20
HB-JMA : 30OCT19 - 11DEC19
Print Wikipost

A340 refurbishment

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Technikchef... this job title isn’t really a normal used title if I would be pressed to translate it would be Chief Technology Officer
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by LXA350
Supposedly they will add a second Lav to the F cabin which is really needed especially when the cabin is full
But where would they put it? There really isn't any space?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: LH, US, UA
Originally Posted by Nick Art
The seat map still shows the old plane sadly,
I am trying to figure out what is the old vs. new seat map difference?
Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: LXFF
Originally Posted by havane2009
I am trying to figure out what is the old vs. new seat map difference?
Thanks
Well for one, the new seat map will show 4 more seats in Economy apparently. The rest is all speculation. Even the 2nd lavatory isn't sure from what I read. Since the cabin isn't wider like the 777, I don't think we will see much difference in the seating arrangment for C and F.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:10 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I just flew HB-JMC from Geneva to Zurich yesterday. It's always fun flying such a short route on such a big plane and as I arrived in GVA with only 25 minutes to connect (including going through passport control and second screening) I can now officially say a Swiss A340 has been waiting for me :P
(I was impressed by how well organized connection travel is in ZRH and GVA on Swiss! Even though we arrived at a satellite gate in GVA. First Bus with only 5 other people in it and people calling us and guiding us in front of every line (passport control and security screening as well as them waiting for us at the gate itself!)

But as of now no A340 has even started being refurbished. You can still see all six aircraft currently flying on flightradar24.com and the stewardess I spoke to told me it'll still be some time before the old Swiss First Class will be gone (aka a few months). Meanwhile I'll hope I'll get the chance to fly the old Swiss First Class one more time.
I somehow just always liked the old interior of the A340s... It just reminds me of earlier travel times and how things in travel used to be..., getting me all nostalgic right now :P
But sadly I don't see that happening because A.) I don't usually fly First and B.) I won't have any travel plans involving a flight that long that would be served by an A340.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: LXFF
Yep, this is now officially delayed:

SWISS is subject to supplier delays for the refurbishment of its Airbus A340-300X aircraft, according to a report citing internal documentation from the carrier (Aargauer Zeitung, 08-Apr-2018). SWISS plans to continue operating five A340-300Xs, with the rest being gradually replaced by Boeing 777-300ERs. SWISS initially planned to complete the refurbishment before summer 2018, however the timetable has been revised to spring 2019. The bulk of delays are reportedly related to implementation of new first class seating.

Looking forward to my last trip on the old F.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by ced_lx
Yep, this is now officially delayed:

SWISS is subject to supplier delays for the refurbishment of its Airbus A340-300X aircraft, according to a report citing internal documentation from the carrier (Aargauer Zeitung, 08-Apr-2018). SWISS plans to continue operating five A340-300Xs, with the rest being gradually replaced by Boeing 777-300ERs. SWISS initially planned to complete the refurbishment before summer 2018, however the timetable has been revised to spring 2019. The bulk of delays are reportedly related to implementation of new first class seating.

Looking forward to my last trip on the old F.
Enjoy!To me that's a bummer, as I had my farewell trip in the old F this spring and was looking forward to the new F on the A343 later this year. But, as long as the seat works, I don't mind the old F too much.
Old May 30, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: too many
Could this thread be added to the Master Thread new LX Eco Biz & First Class sticky? Makes it easier to find any updates on the topic...
Old May 30, 2018, 3:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Hardy
Could this thread be added to the Master Thread new LX Eco Biz & First Class sticky? Makes it easier to find any updates on the topic...
But that Masterthread is for the A330 Eco, Bus and First... Those were introduced in 2011! The B77W and the A343 will actually have a similar config but much more modern and cleaner. so it’s not really the same imo.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The A340 refurbishment is further delayed with the first A340 beginning its refurbishmeant in late 2018.
All A340 should however be ready for the summer shedule 2019.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
3 out of the 7 weekly ZRH-PVG runs will be op by A333 starting 18 winter schedule, looks like they will finally start pulling A343 out of service for refurbishment?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by newflyer530
3 out of the 7 weekly ZRH-PVG runs will be op by A333 starting 18 winter schedule, looks like they will finally start pulling A343 out of service for refurbishment?
Indeed. I also see two weekly frequencies to JNB moved to A330. (also the most expensive First Class fares I have ever seen on swiss: 6k (pretty normal for the outbound), but 14k! only for the inbound)

Strangley on the days operated by an A330 to PVG I wasn't able to find a single free First Class seat...
EDIT: I checked with Amadeus and it seems that on neither of the PVG flights operated by A333 there is any F or A (First) Class available. Strange... so on 3 out of 7 weekly flights there will not be any First Class available.

Btw does anybody know what's up with HB-JMH going to Amman three days ago? Considering Swiss does not fly there I find this rather suspicious. Especially since it's been there since 11th June. Maybe the cabin renovation is done there?
Could also be that this plane is being prepared to be transfered to Edelweiss Air, although as far as I know that would have been HB-JMD...
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Strangley on the days operated by an A330 to PVG I wasn't able to find a single free First Class seat...
EDIT: I checked with Amadeus and it seems that on neither of the PVG flights operated by A333 there is any F or A (First) Class available. Strange... so on 3 out of 7 weekly flights there will not be any First Class available.
The 333 doesn't have a proper crew rest area (whereas the 343 does). Since the PVG flight is 12:00 block time, most likely they are using the F cabin as the crew rest.

bawm
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bawm
The 333 doesn't have a proper crew rest area (whereas the 343 does). Since the PVG flight is 12:00 block time, most likely they are using the F cabin as the crew rest.

bawm
How come the JNB flights operated by A333 have 10:30 block time, yet on the F is available. Does that 1:30 really make a difference? I thought crew rest was required from 08:00 upwards.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Does that 1:30 really make a difference?
Yes. Rest requirements also vary with block time, for both cabin and flight deck crew.
bawm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.