Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help w/ Swiss flights operated by Helvetic!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:34 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Apparently they already stopped caring about the looks of the Avros. Had two flight with HB-IXQ over the weekend and the inner right gondolas passanger facing side looks rather aweful with huge cracks in the paint and 4 spots where its completely without paint. Not that this would make them definitely unsafe to fly but it doesnt project confidence in the aircraft either.
https://db.tt/3c1QRe3y
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
With the CS aircraft delayed, LX is indeed desparate, aircraft that were supposed to be out of service this year are still in the air. The Helvetic solution is probably being billed to BBD.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:46 am

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Spotted at ZRH

Spotted both HB JVL and HB JVM at the A gates yesterday.

Livery looks nice on the E190, the tail has more "red" on it than the LX birds.

Anyone had a ride in one yet ?

Not that I am expecting a revelation that is completely different to flights on other E190s ...... just curious
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:27 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by pdsuk

Anyone had a ride in one yet ?

Not that I am expecting a revelation that is completely different to flights on other E190s ...... just curious
Yes on ZRH-PRG. Was absolutely ok. Personally I slightly prefer the LH E195 seats as they have coat hangers on the side and you still can use the table for working while using the hangers.

Otherwise the helvetic E190 experience was absolutely ok (expect from the awful "swiss tradition" Brezel with only a slice of butter on it.... - but this is due to LX's new eco food concept)
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Me and these E 190s ......

Spotted HB JVN this week

All I need now is to fly on one !
Old Mar 7, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Well, I was scheduled to fly on one of the new birds (LX1026 on February, 23rd), but the plane went technical and was replaced by HB-IXU, including a one-hour departure delay. Next time I'll be on this flight, the ERJ is scheduled once again, let's see what happens.

By the way, those planes are everything but new, 2L are buying them from HG and they've been flying for some 8 years now..
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alinghi90
Yes on ZRH-PRG. Was absolutely ok. Personally I slightly prefer the LH E195 seats as they have coat hangers on the side and you still can use the table for working while using the hangers.

Otherwise the helvetic E190 experience was absolutely ok (expect from the awful "swiss tradition" Brezel with only a slice of butter on it.... - but this is due to LX's new eco food concept)
I've been on the the E90 ZRH-FCO. Absolutely horrible seat pitch

For a picture see http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/swiss...ml#post1553518
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:28 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Boeing_747SP

For a picture see http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/swiss...ml#post1553518
Ouch! How tall are you?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cas_de
Ouch! How tall are you?
Aa mentioned in the post, the poster is 1.72m

Ouch indeed. Being 195cm, I'm really looking forward to my first flight on this configuration in May.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: LX SEN
Smile

I am 1.81m and had absolutely no problem on this plane. I found the seat to be quite comfortable compared to some newer generation Eco seats.
I was in row 4 or 5. Still I prefer LH City Line seats but mainly due to other functionalities (coat hangers as mentioned earlier in this thread).

Last edited by alinghi90; Mar 21, 2015 at 2:18 am
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by goliath
Ouch indeed. Being 195cm, I'm really looking forward to my first flight on this configuration in May.
the CityLine Embraers got seriously good legroom in the exit rows
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bruce80
Well, I was scheduled to fly on one of the new birds (LX1026 on February, 23rd), but the plane went technical and was replaced by HB-IXU,.
Same here on a flight to PRG, which ended up in a AVRO instead. Hopefully, the kinks will be ironed out soon.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:16 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
So from the list I assume LX1349 (ZRH-WAW) will accrue status/tier miles toward all other *A FFPs? It'd be nice to get another 1200 miles based on TK's earning chart (Z fare).

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-us...le-table-swiss

This can get quite confusing, sometimes wet-leased aircraft is not considered *A metal.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
There are even some codeshares, such as on Air France with LX number, between GVA and CDG where you can apparently earn miles. I believe another was with Ukraine International Airlines. So it is confusing, indeed.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by vincewy
So from the list I assume LX1349 (ZRH-WAW) will accrue status/tier miles toward all other *A FFPs?
Yes, absolutely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.