Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it safe to buy LX flights on LH.com before LX website shows them ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Grounded ex-Flyer
Is it safe to buy LX flights on LH.com before LX website shows them ?

Dear all,

I am a novice and I would like your expert advice on something that puzzles me.

I am looking at CPH - LYS round trip on 01-08 April 2017 and the Lufthansa website shows some options with all LX flights (LX 1267 + LX 532; LX1271 + LX 536). Fares are good for these all-LX, and my dates are quite set, so I am tempted to buy promptly.

However, searching for same flights, or rather for same departure/destination and dates, directly on the LX website returns no results but an error message "Departure date too far in the future - please select a date within next 339 days.

Question: am I safe to buy now, or should I wait until the LX website has them directly ?
How does this work and what are the risks of buying now on LH.com ?

Merci vieldank - vielen Dank !

J-
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
If the price suits you, there's absolutely no reason not to buy. If any significant schedule changes occur (which is possible 12 months in advance), it will have little to do with where you bought the ticket.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 4:40 am

Programs: LH HON
my experience is that LX will have these flights available 330 days in advance only.
Old May 7, 2016, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Grounded ex-Flyer
Thank you for your help !
I would like to add the follow-up information, to help others at some future stage:

I ended up not buying the (LX) flights early on LH.com and eventually, about a month later, the exact same flights I was looking at appeared on swiss.com (new schedule starting 01 April, or something like that). Problem is ... the fares were much higher than when only the LH site had them - nearly double !

So, lesson learned - I should have bought on LH website even though flights were not yet visible on swiss.com. Ignore my concerns about ghost inventory and trust the experts

Thank you very much once again !

Cheers,
J-

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.