Search

Strange online booking issue

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1mm; SPG Gold
Question Strange online booking issue

Greetings,

I am running into an issue that I have not seen discussed before, and want to be sure I am not losing my mind:

I'm attempting to book flights in F on Swiss.com, that are operated and marketed by LX.

All goes well when I select the outbound and return flights, the fares displayed for each segment are correct, the total fare at the bottom adds up to the correct amount... but when the flow takes me to the next page, I'm presented with the C seat map, and a total fare that is roughly 2x of my chosen F fare -- presumably it somehow defaults to full fare C versus the discount F (A) that I am trying to book.

I've tried this in Safari and Chrome, and even on different flight dates, and am getting the same result. Per ITA, Orbitz, Expedia and even the LH web site, the fare is available for the flights I am choosing, so for the life of me I can't figure out what's going on with the LX booking flow (and my strong preference would be to book directly with LX.)

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong!

Kind regards,
Lewis
Old Feb 27, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Just tried to repeat your errors. I booked LHR SFO in F on a random date and get the same results. Higher fare and only C seats can be selected. When continuing it shows all flights in C, although I selected FIRST on the previous screen. Probably worthwhile notifying Swiss.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alfahund
Just tried to repeat your errors. I booked LHR SFO in F on a random date and get the same results. Higher fare and only C seats can be selected. When continuing it shows all flights in C, although I selected FIRST on the previous screen. Probably worthwhile notifying Swiss.
Appreciate the sanity check. Thank you. Incidentally we are looking at entirely different markets (me, JFK-ZRH) so it seems to be bigger than just the specific flights I'm looking to book.

Best,
Lewis
Old Feb 27, 2016, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

For posterity...

OK, so it just worked... And the only thing I did differently, apart from posting here was to step away from it for a little while and listen to jazz on the radio.

So there you have it, proof positive that listening to jazz from San Francisco fixes everything.

Best,
Lewis
Old Feb 27, 2016, 7:26 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by LewDog
OK, so it just worked... And the only thing I did differently, apart from posting here was to step away from it for a little while and listen to jazz on the radio.

So there you have it, proof positive that listening to jazz from San Francisco fixes everything.

Best,
Lewis
I had the same issue for a Asia to EU flight with the A fare and ultimately the business cabin seatmap. Nick kindly checked it and for my itinerary the problem is now gone. Booked in A, can choose first seats ^.

(The funny thing when I had the problem that the fare class shown was J for a ticket booked in A initially.)

We all just need some more patience including for the mileage credit to help our friends from LX to handle the change of system . It appears that they still have problems for mileage credits around the 28 January 2016. Sure it will be fixed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.