Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage interlining

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Baggage interlining

Will be travelling to SIN from GVA on LX and SQ via ZRH and BKK on two separate tickets...

Does anybody have experience as to whether we will be able to through check our bags from GVA to SIN or will we have to recheck in BKK?

Many thank SB
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3.6...MM-gonna take LONGER to hit 4MM for those VIPs soon!
In 2005 I checked in to fly ZRH-LAX and only when I got to the lounge did I think that I should have asked them to look up my AA booking/ticket to check the luggage through to my separately ticketed but essentially connecting flights. I brought this up to the lounge service rep and she called, had my two bags located, retagged and claim checks delivered to me in the lounge. I think you will have no problem having SWISS interline your bags to your separate Singapore booking, just bring a print out of your booking to make it easier for them to locate your booking.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY
Will be travelling to SIN from GVA on LX and SQ via ZRH and BKK on two separate tickets...

Does anybody have experience as to whether we will be able to through check our bags from GVA to SIN or will we have to recheck in BKK?

Many thank SB
I guess you're connecting in BKK within 24 hours?

If so, there's no problem to check trough your baggage from GVA to SIN. Just present to the check-in agent both ticket confirmations and advice her/him to check trough your baggage to SIN!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Many thanks for your replies...

Yes less than 24 hours in BKK... had the option of 2:30 but finally took 6 just incase...
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:29 am

Interlining Swiss - Qatair Airlines

Dear All
So far only an avid reader and i find expertflyer very valuable. Thanks to everybody who takes time to answer all the questions.
We are flying Swiss ZRH- Cai and then on a separate PNR but same day (6 hours layover) Qatar Airways Cai-doh-Bkk. Anybody did this before? Especially interested if we can check our baggage in ZRH all the way til BKK.
Thanks for your feedback.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, Vistara Platinum
Any idea if LX will interline my baggage all the way, coming off a ZRH bound longhaul to a BA shorthaul to LON?

Expertflyer shows they have an agreement, but in anyone's experience have they? This will be separate tickets

Last edited by bowzer91; Jul 28, 2019 at 4:30 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.