Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to compliment above and beyond Swiss staff at Florence airport?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2015, 10:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

How to compliment above and beyond Swiss staff at Florence airport?

Situation
I booked my mom an award flight (UA ticket stock) FLR-ZRH-XXX-LAX with A-B operated by LX and B-C-D operated by others. (not trying to be vague...just don't remember all the connection points).

3 hours before departure, FLR-ZRH-LAX opens all on Swiss. I call UA, can't change the ticket because too close to departure, so they book a new one and cancel the old ticket. My thinking was when mom goes to check in, they'll just give her new boarding passes and she'll see a connection disappeared, all will be good. (i planned to try to call her, but knew the odds were limited since her phone is off in a foreign country).

UA cancels the ticket, but does a "passive" cancel because since A-B is duplicate, they are worried if they do an active cancel, it will cancel both tickets. they tell me to call swiss to cancel the record we don't want to fly.

I call swiss, and they see my mom is checked in already to the flight we want to cancel (i'm actually still not clear if that meant airport check in or online check in...mom is asleep so hard to get the full story yet). so i panick. i'm thinking she's checked in and holding a boarding pass to a reservation that is cancelled. she will go to board and be told it's invalid and we're gonna be screwed.

LX res linked the 2 and put in notes, so they said when she boards, it will beep and hopefully the agent will see there's a different record and reprint her a new bp and all will be well. but we all know when you're t -20 to departure, things are rushed, mom is a novice traveler and if they don't figure this out quickly, she will be stuck and panic and have no idea what to do. so now i'm panicking. reservations gives me the number to the airport so i call them.

the lady who picked up was beyond amazing. i explained the story (she could hear the panic in my voice) and while she couldn't promise anything, she said she'd try to page my mom before departure and give her the new boarding pass. but if not, she'd also try to reach the gate to let them know. i gave her a call back number. i honestly didn't know what would happen. folks on these forums know that in a large majority of the time, the agent on the phone just says what they need to to get you off the phone, so i'm still in a panic.

an hour later, i get a call and it's my mom, from the swiss desk saying they took care of everything. they found her (still not clear if they found her during check in, or if they paged her), explained to her that i booked her a new ticket with much better routing, they tagged her bags to match, and she was so appreciative as was i. they even asked her if she wanted to call me so i would stop panicking.

I really want to compliment the airline staff. i wish i got her name, i'm so used to terrible customer service (united flyer mostly), i just never expected her to go above and beyond. does anyone know the best way or person to email this to? (prefer not snail mail...i live in china and don't even know how to find a post office or mail a letter)

Last edited by iflyuaaa; Nov 6, 2015 at 10:58 pm
Old Nov 7, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
LX has no own staff at the airports. Everything is done by handling agents.

Place the compliment on the LX site, requesting they will forward it to the employee at FLR!
Old Nov 8, 2015, 4:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
LX has no own staff at the airports. Everything is done by handling agents.

Place the compliment on the LX site, requesting they will forward it to the employee at FLR!
thank you. done!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.