Wiki Posts
Search

WAW-ZRH-HKG connection in ZRH (first)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:42 am
Original Poster

WAW-ZRH-HKG connection in ZRH (first)

Hi all

I booked the flight from WAW-ZRH-HKG in F.
I only have 55 minutes in ZRH. Flight from WAW to ZRH is in Business. Do you know if they provide a limousine pick up at the arriving airplane? Is there any chance that I can see the first lounge in ZRH? Or do you have any recommenadations how I can get the maximum out of mi first firstclass ticket

Many thanks
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Unlikely you get a limo pick-up unless your flight is delayed. And no, with 55min you'll not really have time to go to the F lounge (or at best, have a very quick look). But with the WAW-HKG ticket you got a great deal already, even without the lounge. Plus, you can presumably go on your way back?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli
Unlikely you get a limo pick-up unless your flight is delayed. And no, with 55min you'll not really have time to go to the F lounge (or at best, have a very quick look). But with the WAW-HKG ticket you got a great deal already, even without the lounge. Plus, you can presumably go on your way back?
The deal is amazing :-)
Well, I only have an hour in ZRH on my way back. Do you know what happens if I miss the last flight?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, BA Gold
Actually proceed on your WAW-ZRH-HKG flight immediately to the F lounge. They will ensure a fast transfer to the terminal E by car (not directly to the plane).
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by drivechip
Actually proceed on your WAW-ZRH-HKG flight immediately to the F lounge. They will ensure a fast transfer to the terminal E by car (not directly to the plane).
Yes, but by the time you have reached the F lounge, got your car transfer organized, got in the car, and are driven to the E gates (but not the plane), you would have long reached the same place by going straight to the Heidi train.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Yes, but by the time you have reached the F lounge, got your car transfer organized, got in the car, and are driven to the E gates (but not the plane), you would have long reached the same place by going straight to the Heidi train.
Thanks for the info ;-)
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by glanzi
Well, I only have an hour in ZRH on my way back. Do you know what happens if I miss the last flight?
LX will charge you the difference to the fare for the way you flew...
Old Nov 7, 2015, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
LX will charge you the difference to the fare for the way you flew...
Only if you are stupid enough to tell them. And even then, that would not survive in court. If you just no-show for the last flight, nothing happens.

Of course, since you only have 1h in ZRH, this means that you can't have checked bags since those would be checked through to WAW (no check-in agent will short-check bags to ZRH if your stop there is 1h).
Old Nov 7, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Do you know what happens if I miss the last flight?
Are you alone or there is another passenger accompany you?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Are you alone or there is another passenger accompany you?
Ther is another passenger joining me.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:14 am

Ther is another passenger joining me.
If both of you are on the same PNR, I would recommend that you continue on to WAW and not risk being flagged in ZRH and being charged the difference in fare
Old Nov 10, 2015, 5:30 am
Original Poster

If both of you are on the same PNR, I would recommend that you continue on to WAW and not risk being flagged in ZRH and being charged the difference in fare
What means PNR?
You think if we both miss the flight ZWH-WAW they could charge the difference between the companion fare and the regular price?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 5:56 am

What means PNR?
You think if we both miss the flight ZWH-WAW they could charge the difference between the companion fare and the regular price?
PNR is a reservation (passenger name record).

And don't let fearmongering get you: There is no legal basis, nor a practice, to charge fare difference for skipping the last segment. Just avoid debates with LX and simply leave the airport at ZRH.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:33 am

And don't let fearmongering get you: There is no legal basis, nor a practice, to charge fare difference for skipping the last segment. Just avoid debates with LX and simply leave the airport at ZRH.
It was mentioned in many places that BA has started chasing travelers who skip the last sector on discounted or promotional fares in premium classes.

I am afraid that LX might have this policy implemented too.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:48 am

It was mentioned in many places that BA has started chasing travelers who skip the last sector on discounted or promotional fares in premium classes.
While that may be true, it does not create a legal basis to charge anyone more for flying less.

There have been numerous court rulings (Germany and Switzerland come to mind) that show that airlines can't make you pay more for using only part of your ticket. This would even cover a case of not flying the first segment of a reservation, never mind the last one.

There is a handy cheat sheet on this subject here (in German).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.