Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWISS Upgrade Bargain (Bid or email invite to upgrade)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Right on the first page of the forum.
Not sure how you missed it? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...e-upgrade.html
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Right on the first page of the forum.
Not sure how you missed it? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...e-upgrade.html
Hello,

Perhaps I had missed it, because I first posted on LH (Miles & More) forum and then it was removed to Swiss forum, which I had not even knew!

I had read most of the above thread. It seems to be impossible to bid an upgrade when booking on swiss.com from Brasil and India.

I also checked it on http://www.swiss.com/gb/en/book/swis...pgrade-bargain and this information is there too: "Local legal requirements prohibit bids from Brazil and India."

This I could not understand, since other Star Alliance airlines which use the Plusgrade system, including LH, premit the bid for upgrades (MyOffer from LH permits it, I have even used it, with success).

So, perhaps I will book again with LH!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:35 am

This ~week is my first time looking to upgrade from cheap economy ticket to business via the bidding for LAX-ZRH on 3/3. 4 days ago (2/19), the cheapest USD bid option was $980. To my surprise, today it's $1100. I should have realized there would be dynamic pricing, but hadn't thought about it. I also didn't notice anyone else posting about changing prices either. So, A) public service announcement to all the newbies out there! and B) Does anyone have info on how much prices change and if they move up and down a lot? Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: LX SEN
I have also observed that. I have tried to understand the pattern using expert flyer to determine the loads, but I could not come to any conclusive explanation. If they is some rationality in those changes, I would tend to assume the following:

- the minimum price is increased when LX believes that it will fill its C cabin and that it can hence ask for higher minimum prices to get higer offers from bidders in lesser numbers.
- the minimum price is decreased when LX wants more people to bid (I just experienced a minimum price decrease today in connection with one of my LH flights occuring in a couple of days)
Old Mar 10, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
I'm flying the MUC-SFO (via ZRH) LX error fare on Swiss next Saturday in J.
I was under the assumption that the Swiss Upgrade Bargain program would apply here and I see a lot of free spots in F.
So far, I have not received any information on that, hotline told me that would work "automatically", and I don't see any option for it when I manage my booking on swiss.com.
Can anyone shed some light whether this flight does not qualify for Swiss Upgrade Bargain?
I would put an offer in but it's not worth the 70k miles for me, especially since I can tax deduct the cost of the flight, but not miles.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
I was under the assumption that the Swiss Upgrade Bargain program would apply here and I see a lot of free spots in F.
So far, I have not received any information on that, hotline told me that would work "automatically", and I don't see any option for it when I manage my booking on swiss.com.
Can anyone shed some light whether this flight does not qualify for Swiss Upgrade Bargain?
I would put an offer in but it's not worth the 70k miles for me, especially since I can tax deduct the cost of the flight, but not miles.
Not all booking classes are eligible for the Swiss Upgrade Bargain. Booking class P is not eligible. But from my experience, do not expect a bargain. For a couple of my flights (all booked in Z) the minimum bid was >2500 CHF.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
Originally Posted by Viennafly
Not all booking classes are eligible for the Swiss Upgrade Bargain. Booking class P is not eligible.
That's exactly the problem. The MUC-SFO error fare booked in P (not in J).
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:31 am

If you keep reminding them that it's an error fare you might fly in Y
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
It seems to me upgrade bids from C to F only make sense if you are upgrading from a market (e.g., CH) with ridiculously high fares to begin with, so pretty pointless for many markets. On my last 4 trips in each case the minimum bid was just slightly higher than if I would have simply paid the fare difference...
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
I have never seen it cheaper than 1500 chf to/from far east. Not even when I was on a J fare.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:20 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
JFK to ZRH was 960.- from J to F if I recall correctly.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by Nick Art
JFK to ZRH was 960.- from J to F if I recall correctly.
Possible, it is also a shorter flight.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Possible, it is also a shorter flight.
Indeed; I've seen minimums less than CHF 900 on ZRH-BOS.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:09 pm

Actually those flights are so short I would probably not do it on a day flight.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
US West Coast doesn’t seem to go below CHF 1700/1800.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.