Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge options at LHR T1?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2014, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Lounge options at LHR T1?

I did a search but did not yield any information. Mods please move if needed.

I am a *GOLD and will have a 4 hour layover at LHR (arriving on AA and leaving on LX) during an upcoming trip traveling in coach class. I understand that LX departs from Terminal 1 to GVA.

How is the *lounge at T1? Food, showers etc. Are there any other better *lounge options in other terminals (if I am allowed to go) to spend 4 hours.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
It depends on status and/or class flown.

http://www.swiss.com/ch/EN/fly/airpo...s#t-page=pane3 shows
London (Heathrow)
Star Alliance
Terminal 1,
after security check, between transit and check-in area
Star Alliance / HON Circle / Miles & More Senator / Star Alliance Gold / Business Class
As *A Gold in Coach you should be OK. No idea about quality of the T1 lounge. The T2 lounges probably will be a great improvement when LX moves.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Depending on how 'upcoming' your flight is LX moves to T2 on 15th October.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 10:44 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
New LH lounges in T2 should open on 1 October when LH and OS move to T2.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Depending on how 'upcoming' your flight is LX moves to T2 on 15th October.
My flight is on October 1st at 5:15 pm.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN, Accor Plat
You will be using the Star Alliance Lounge at T1 as LX only moves to T2 on the 15th. The lounge was alright last time I was there and will likely be empty too as the majority of Star pax will have already moved to T2. They serve hot meals (e.g. curries), have showers, free WiFi and there's a nice selection of newspapers and magazines. Alternatively, you might want to stick with one of the Star lounges in T3 instead. The Singapore Airlines lounge is pretty sweet
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:35 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mywaterbroke
Alternatively, you might want to stick with one of the Star lounges in T3 instead. The Singapore Airlines lounge is pretty sweet
Although the OP will arrive in T3, arriving passengers do not have access to departure lounges in the same terminal. In any case both SK and SQ have now moved to T2 and I don't think the SK and SQ lounges are there in T3 any more. (I understand the opening of the new SQ lounge in T2 has been delayed.)

As T1 and T2 are actually linked and LX flights are believed to depart from a T2 gate it might be possible to visit the new LH lounge on 1 October. With 4 hours it's certainly worth investigating. Please report back if you manage to visit the new LH lounge.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
The *G lounge is being run down quickly in anticipation of its closure.

The F section is already closed permanently, the rare electricity plugs are falling apart. Food is less than previously.

I would recommentd to go and try the LH lounge. The LX flights almost always depart from the new T2 gates anyway. Just be mindful that if for one reason or another your flight does not, it is a long trek back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.