Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss First Class: Toni yoghurts enhanced away

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1033 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Not sure if it's worth a thread by it's own but I just wanted to inform you that Toni yoghurts will no longer be served in FirstClass. The new brand is Klöti. The yoghurt I tasted was good, but I think the appearance of the Toni yoghurt (glass vs plastic) looks more premium. The tase was similar but then again who am I to talk about yoghurt qualities .
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Hi f4freeJunior,

Please send me your mailing address and I will send you a sixpack of Toni yoghurts from Coop, I'd see it as contribution to get miles with superpoints and getting a half collection stamp

No, seriously. You're right, that the glass container of the Toni yoghurt looks more premium than a plastic cup. But on the other hand, I like it very much, if companies support small businesses than big companies... At least the producer Emmi (that produces the Toni yoghurt) is still in Swiss hands. But I could imagine that Kloeti produces also a very good product, maybe even organic, and chances are big that the ingrediences are from the region :-)

And yes, I also like the Toni yoghurts
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: some
Kloeti is very tasty...but if they are starting the replace yogurt brands, why are they still catering this horrible colored, artificial tasting thing that is called yogurt in the US... (I know - first world problems, but still ;-))
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:27 pm

I consider this good news.

Imagine how many other changes there could be which we would consider more "material"?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:22 am

Programs: LH SEN
Sad. I liked the advertisment "First Glass".
W
Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
At least the producer Emmi (that produces the Toni yoghurt) is still in Swiss hands.
Speaking of which, I don't know how Emmi makes their money. I loved them back in the US, where they offered they only yoghurt that came close to the taste I like in German products. They retailled for 0.65$/jar and were made in CH. Compare that to standard youghurts that retail for 0.39-59€ here in Munich and are made nearby...
Old Mar 9, 2014, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Speaking of which, I don't know how Emmi makes their money. I loved them back in the US, where they offered they only yoghurt that came close to the taste I like in German products. They retailled for 0.65$/jar and were made in CH. Compare that to standard youghurts that retail for 0.39-59€ here in Munich and are made nearby...
Toni Yoghurts in Switzerland (180g) cost 1.20 CHF in Coop, which is about 1.40$..

But we're used to it, swiss brands cheat swiss out of their pockets and sell their products for half or even less than the local price abroad..

Crazy world!
Old Mar 9, 2014, 3:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
But we're used to it, swiss brands cheat swiss out of their pockets and sell their products for half or even less than the local price abroad..
Maybe you need to look at the shops that sell something, it's not the manufacturer who is price gouging in most of the cases.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I'm always amused when I find Kambly cookies and Ricola at lower cost in HKG supermarkets than I do in Switzerland. Sadly, the price difference is not significant enough to pay for a plane ticket for me to reverse import 3x32kg per trip...
Old Mar 12, 2014, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
This is what, on another forum, is generally referred to as "You've been Switzerlanded!"
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Toni still available in the LX FCL GVA. If you're desparate, bring one from the lounge, which is after security...
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *G
Originally Posted by oliver2002
In which chain of markets did you find them in the US?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 3:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by gnof
In which chain of markets did you find them in the US?
http://www.plummarket.com/
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:26 am

I wouldn't consider Toni nor Klöti as luxury or first class yoghurts.

Why aren't they providing something like Amselspitz or another artisan/farm product?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *G
Originally Posted by Zueriblip
I wouldn't consider Toni nor Klöti as luxury or first class yoghurts.

Why aren't they providing something like Amselspitz or another artisan/farm product?
I think they're more concerned about which would be the lowest in cost and yet not be embarrassing to have in a first class cabin.
Almost anywhere other than in Switzerland, Toni and Kloeti would probably considered luxury.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.