Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:49 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by AirbusA318
No.
Thanks for replying.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Access for Star Gold in Y?
No. If you've a long layover in ZRH (say, arriving morning, departing evening) you can visit the SEN lounges (just make sure not to go landside when exiting the aircraft..) as "arrival lounges"..
Old Nov 11, 2016, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Departures to the US are from E, so just use the Business lounge there.

When arriving from the US, you're considered clean for the moment ( ) so you can also use the lounge in E when arriving there. Pretty much what I'd do, not bother with any other lounge (Arrival or A) - unless maybe for 10-15min in A when departing from there, as reserve time when leaving E a bit ahead of time..
Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2016, 5:24 am

Departures to US/CAN may also be from D (just above B).
Old Nov 11, 2016, 5:30 am

Good to know. Thanks.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
No. If you've a long layover in ZRH (say, arriving morning, departing evening) you can visit the SEN lounges (just make sure not to go landside when exiting the aircraft..) as "arrival lounges"..
it depends on the carrier you are connecting to. A LX codeshare flight to DUS won't give you access.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by warakorn
it depends on the carrier you are connecting to. A LX codeshare flight to DUS won't give you access.
Unless he is UA or JAL Gold .. or FTL in Smart .. (or SEN/HON)

Welcome to the most complicated system in the whole world
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Unless he is UA or JAL Gold .. or FTL in Smart .. (or SEN/HON)

Welcome to the most complicated system in the whole world
JAL???? JAL is oneworld

It's ANA (NH)
Old Nov 11, 2016, 2:48 pm

Of course it is thx for the correction.

Too complicated.. see?
Old May 22, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Flying into ZRH from SFO in Business class on Swiss. The flight arrives after 3:00 PM so the arrivals lounge will be closed. Are there any lounges on arrival for me to take a shower and change my clothes at the airport after I land? I can't remember if you are able to access the Swiss lounges at ZRH after landing and prior to going through customs.

Last edited by Uh Clem; May 22, 2019 at 9:53 am
Old May 22, 2019, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Uh Clem
Flying into ZRH from SFO in Business class on Swiss. The flight arrives after 3:00 PM so the arrivals lounge will be closed. Are there any lounges on arrival for me to take a shower and change my clothes at the airport after I land? I can't remember if you are able to access the Swiss lounges at ZRH after landing and prior to going through customs.
Unless you're Senator (or HON), you can't use the LX lounges on arrival without a departing boarding pass.

You can use the public showers:

https://www.zurich-airport.com/passe...613.1553987958

Public area

• At the Service Center, car park 2, level 1
  • Open daily from 06:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
15 CHF
Old Jul 27, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
I will arrive at ZRH in the morning on UA and connecting in the evening on LX to Madrid. Can I get into a departure lounge with *Gold in the departing terminal for shower and rest, then exit to tour the city before returning in the evening? Or would I be stuck in the Schengen terminal area?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:19 pm

You'll arrive Non-Schengen but clean (ie, departing area) - in Terminal E - it's probably a good idea to head for a quick breakfast there in the SEN E lounge and ask for showers - if they're available within reasonable time, shower there, if not, try an omelette and then head to Arrival lounge for shower. Otherwise, you could head directly to the Arrival lounge, where much more showers usually means no or low waiting times. Breakfast is slightly different (sausages and bacon, but no "eggs to order" like in E) so preferences of which one is better might differ.

Showers in E sometimes have 2+ hours of waiting time (experienced it myself)

If you've enough time in ZRH, I'd probably try both.

Enjoy your stay here. If you need some suggestions, let me know which day (weekday/when it will be exactly) and what kind of activies you're into.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DesertRat
I will arrive at ZRH in the morning on UA and connecting in the evening on LX to Madrid. Can I get into a departure lounge with *Gold in the departing terminal for shower and rest, then exit to tour the city before returning in the evening? Or would I be stuck in the Schengen terminal area?
if you are in UA business class you can use the LX arrival lounge (no wait for shower, good breakfast) then head into the city. SAG in coach you can use the E lounge, but honestly there is always a long wait, so I would go the A lounges and shower there then head to the city.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Thank you. I'm ticketed in UA coach as of now and not sure if my upgrade to UA business will clear so was wondering if there would be a *Gold option (and if my upgrade did clear, I didn't think UA business tickets were qualified for the Swiss arrivals lounge?).
I will arrive at 10 am and leave at 9 p.m., so was hoping for 5-6 hours at least in the city to wander around historic sites, ride public transit and/or maybe hike/walk a bit if the weather is nice or a museum if it's not nice...thank you again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.