Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6 Hours on Tarmac at IST

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:04 am

I was waiting on the tarmac in FRA for 5 hours during the Balkan-war, waiting for take-off clearance by the NATO. And everybody on board choose to wait and did not opt for the voluntary deboarding, which was offered by the crew. After 5h we finally made it… Hope never dies
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Just thought I'd add an update here...

Contacted Swiss via email just after I wrote the OP. Stated that we understood certain things like weather are out of the control of the airline, but their handling was well short of the mark for what I'd consider basic customer service. They emailed me back this week, said that they agree, will work on the situation with their vendor in IST, and sent me a couple of discount certs and gave us double miles on our trip.

So in the end, while I wish we hadn't been treated like we were initially, LX has made a sincere effort to understand and to rectify. +1 for them.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by outofpraxis
So in the end, while I wish we hadn't been treated like we were initially, LX has made a sincere effort to understand and to rectify. +1 for them.
LX is very good in this... LH unfortunately not...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:38 am

Programs: LH SEN
What did the PAxs do for the 6 hours? The plane does not have IFE or so. And how did the crew respond?
W
Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:08 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by alfahund
LX is very good in this... LH unfortunately not...
+1
Old Apr 6, 2012, 12:15 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by outofpraxis
Swiss is a subsidiary of Lufthansa, however - so technically they are an EU airline.
Legally Swiss is a registered Swiss company and therefore not an EU airline. It doesn't matter who holds the shares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.