Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear SWISS Lurker LX to enhance away SEN/HON booking guarantees on high yield routes?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2011, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX HON Circle
Question LX to enhance away SEN/HON booking guarantees on high yield routes?

On a recent call to the SEN line I asked to be upgraded with e-vouchers (on LX288 ZRH-JNB). We talked about the load factors on this sector and that a friend of mine only managed to get on the flight with the booking guarantee (in J). She told me that LX is thinking about enhancing away those booking guarantees for SEN/HON on specific sectors which are most of the time sold out (or even oversold) in Business, sometimes many weeks in advance. Those booking guaranttes are a "a problem" for such flights she/he said.

It has not been confirmed by now but if LX (or LH?) are seriously going to implement this we would see another big devaluation of the program IMO. The booking guarantee is typically used for high load routes such as JNB and GRU. We do not need a booking guarantee for flights who have a half-empty C cabin anyway. And as you know, to make use of the booking guarantee we already need to book at least C (HON) or J (SEN) which are rather expensive...

Maybe someone knows more?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
On a recent call to the SEN line I asked to be upgraded with e-vouchers (on LX288 ZRH-JNB). We talked about the load factors on this sector and that a friend of mine only managed to get on the flight with the booking guarantee (in J). She told me that LX is thinking about enhancing away those booking guarantees for SEN/HON on specific sectors which are most of the time sold out (or even oversold) in Business, sometimes many weeks in advance. Those booking guaranttes are a "a problem" for such flights she/he said.

It has not been confirmed by now but if LX (or LH?) are seriously going to implement this we would see another big devaluation of the program IMO. The booking guarantee is typically used for high load routes such as JNB and GRU. We do not need a booking guarantee for flights who have a half-empty C cabin anyway. And as you know, to make use of the booking guarantee we already need to book at least C (HON) or J (SEN) which are rather expensive...

This is a good question to pose to Swiss Lurker.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

Mods, pls move to Swiss Lurker thread, thank you.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
This is a good question to pose to Swiss Lurker.
...whom I am sure will be glad to comment on unsubstantiated rumors...
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
How hard can it be to file higher J and C Fares?

That and and not too stupidly programmed revenue management computer is probably what it would take to solve the "problem" of too high demand.

I do hope that an airline run by an ex network management guy finds a bit smarter solutions than preventing or restricting full fare business sales to its best customers.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

Mods, pls move to Swiss Lurker thread, thank you.
Edited the thread title. Please use the alert button to get the attention of mods, we don't (and are not supposed to) read everything in the forum...

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Nov 30, 2011, 4:41 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)

Dear FlyerTalkers

I have not heard of such a thing, but I'm double checking, just to be sure.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
Gianrico
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:36 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by SwissInternationalAirLines
Dear FlyerTalkers

I have not heard of such a thing, but I'm double checking, just to be sure.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
Gianrico
Dear FlyerTalkers

I am glad to confirm that SWISS is not currently planning any changes to the booking guarantees.

Kind regards,
Gianrico
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dear FlyerTalkers

I am glad to confirm that SWISS is not currently planning any changes to the booking guarantees.

Kind regards,
Gianrico
Thank you so much Gianrico!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down

I just wanted to highlight a recent statement dated April 04, 2013 from our LX representative which confirms that my assumption in the first post was actually correct

link

In very rare, exceptional cases of severe overbooking of entire flights, which unfortunately is also a consequence of the booking guarantee, this benefit can be restricted for certain single flights. This cannot be generalized to certain peak times, routes or black-out dates, but is a measure that can be taken for single flights in such a severe overbooking situation. Once again, this is a very rare case, and I am sorry that this seems to have happend on one of your flights.
So basically, you can no longer rely on the booking guarantee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.